Bright Futures Scholarship Program Volunteers
Pinellas County is proud to offer opportunities for high school students to meet the requirements for a Florida Bright Futures Scholarship. Our simple service projects teach young people responsibility and leadership, plus reinforce positive values and good citizenship.
Documents are provided as Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
Who can apply?
High school students enrolled in grades 9 to 12, including the summer before a student begins 9th grade, are eligible to apply.
What volunteer positions are available for Bright Futures?
See the list below which is alphabetical by site location:
How do I get started volunteering with Pinellas County ?
- Identify a social problem and develop a plan of personal involvement to address the problem.
- Meet with your high school's community service designee to complete the necessary paperwork and ensure that you meet the School Board requirements (more info). .
- Identify a volunteer opportunity with Pinellas County to support your project (see our list of current opportunities above).
- Submit a signed Parental Consent Form.
- Complete a Bright Futures application.
What are the requirements?
- Work under the direct supervision of your high school's community service designee and your Pinellas County supervisor.
- Complete the minimum hours of community service work required by Pinellas County Schools (more info).
- Be proud to earn a scholarship while making a difference in your community!
How can I learn more?