Mobile Collection Events and the Haz-to-Go Truck are convenient ways to safely dispose and recycle chemicals and electronics, such as old computers, TVs, paint, fluorescent bulbs, and fertilizer. These events and collection sites are FREE to Pinellas County residents. Information For Businesses
Quantity Limits per vehicle:
- Televisions: 6
- Computers: 5
- Fluorescent bulbs: 12
- Paint: 20 one-gallon and 5 five-gallon containers
- Oils and antifreeze: 5 gallons
- Gasoline, diesel, and kerosene: 2 five-gallon DOT containers. No tanks.
Customers with quantities in excess of the limits above, or with electronics stripped of precious metals will be referred to the Business Collection Events. Loads will be evaluated upon arrival. Visit Business Electronics and Chemical Disposal for more information.
What to Bring:
- Electronics:Cell phones, computer towers/CPUs, drives (e.g. hard drives, CD drives), laptops, monitors, electronics with rechargeable batteries (if possible, remove battery from device, place device in garbage), smart phones, tablets, televisions (must be whole).
- Chemicals: Automotive fluids (including oil, antifreeze, and gasoline), fuels (e.g. kerosene), lawn and garden chemicals (e.g. pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers), paints (dried paints and empty cans should be disposed of in garbage), stains, paint thinner, solvents, wood preservatives, adhesives and epoxies, aerosols, cleaners, smoke detectors, rechargeable batteries (dispose of single-use batteries in trash), and fluorescent bulbs.
How to Package Chemicals:
When you are getting ready to drop off your household chemicals at HEC3 or a mobile collection event, please package them as follows to help keep you and our staff safe and to minimize spills:
- Place containers in a box or tray and use crumpled newspaper as packing material to prevent breakage.
- Place leaking containers in a clear, sealed bag; then in a box or tray.
- Place chemicals in trunk or truck bed, away from passengers.
- Mix chemicals together.
- Put containers in a bag, unless the containers are leaking.
2022 Mobile Collection Events:
All events are on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Collections may be delayed or canceled due to inclement weather
|April 9th||East Lake High School||1300 Silver Eagle Dr|
|May 7th||Seminole High School||8401 131st St. N.|
|September 17th||St. Pete College/Gibbs Campus||6605 5th Ave. N.|
|November 5th||Largo High School||410 Missouri Ave. N.|
|January 22||April 23rd||July 23rd||October 22nd|
|February 26||May 21st||August 27th||November 19th|
|March 26||June 25th||September 24th||December 17th|
Available for 55+ communities of 300-1,000 residents.
Must be more than 5 miles away from HEC3 and scheduled Mobile Collection events.
- To schedule a Haz-to-Go event or obtain more information, call Solid Waste at 464-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.