|As of October 1, 2019, disposal fees have changed.
Please see below for pricing or view the
Solid Waste Info Sheet .
Disposal Fees and Information:
- Disposal Fee: $39.75 per ton (see below for tire disposal fees)
- Flat Fees
- The flat fee is not available if modifications have been made to the vehicle (including sidewalls)
- Pickup trucks & vans $10/load
- Cars $ 3/load
- Christmas trees only - up to 5 $ 3/load
- Tire Fees
- Less than 5 tires charged at above disposal fees
- 5 or more tires $75/ton
- Mixed loads $75/ton
- Tires up to 36": accepted whole
- Tires over 36": must be cut into quarters
- Up to 4 tires can be attached to a rim; all others must have rim removed
- Special Handling Service
- Wastes such as asbestos, sludge, deceased animals, soil, treated lumber, tractor trailer tires or industrial process waste requires an appointment. Call (727) 464-7500.
- Fee: $110 in addition to disposal fee.
- Prohibited Items
- No Hazardous waste*
- No gasoline or fuel oil*
- No radioactive waste
- No biological waste
- No infectious waste
- No liquid waste
- No explosives
* Accepted at HEC3 from residents.
For further information on disposal and recycling in Pinellas County, see the A to Z Guide.
Non-Account Holding Customers
Both the general public and businesses without accounts pay for their loads at the scalehouse. Flat fees for some pickup trucks, vans, and cars may be available. If a flat fee does not apply, vehicles are charged $39.75 per ton or $50.50 per ton for tires. A deposit is taken going in and the total is settled after unloading.
- Required Deposit
- 50% of the gross total loaded vehicle weight
- Deposit on credit cards may be held 3-5 business days based on policy of issuing bank
Cash and checks are accepted. Visa and MasterCard are accepted but cardholder must be in vehicle. No starter checks, out-of-state personal checks, or two-party checks. Checks are made payable to Pinellas County Solid Waste.
Account Holding Customers
Frequent, regular users of Solid Waste facilities may want to set up a payment account for more convenient billing and faster service. An escrow deposit (two months estimated tipping fee) is required. To set up an account, download the application packet . Pinellas County Solid Waste does not offer automatic reoccurring payment options at this time. Account holding customers make payments by mail or at the Administration Building. Though customers can view their accounts online, we do not take payments online, over the phone, or at the scalehouse.
Customers with accounts may mail check or money order payment to Department of Solid Waste, 3095 114th Ave. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33716. Credit card payment is not accessible by mail.
- Administration Building
Business hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.