Clerk's Records Management
Classes will be conducted at various locations throughout the County and via on-line forums. Please contact Records Management for assistance.
Class offerings include the following:
Managing Electronic Records
This course is designed to assist participants with managing electronic records from emails to shared drive documents in accordance with the Florida Public Records Laws.
- Understand the legal requirements for electronic records.
- Learn how to organize and control electronic records based on their historical, administrative, legal, and fiscal value.
- Evaluate electronic records and apply the appropriate retention schedule for property retention and final disposition.
Records Management 1.0
This workshop includes a detailed overview of records amangement, highlights of the Florida Public Records Laws, a hands-on look into records retention schedules, and an in-depth overview of the Oracle Records Management System application. This training is required for new users of the Oracle Records Management System.
- Learn the importance and benefits of records management.
- Learn about the laws that govern the process.
- Receive hands-on training on how to access and navigate the Records Management System, which will include how to store, retrieve, and re-file inactive records.
Records Management 2.0
This 2 1/2 hour class will walk you step-by-step through the requirements for a successful inventory and destruction process.
- Determine and assign appropriate retention codes.
- Assemble storage boxes giving attention to weight and retention times.
- Review and complete inventory worksheets and destruction notices.
Office Recycling and Records Management: What You Need to Know
This 1 1/2 hour presentation will help us refocus on recycling within county buildings, as well as identify records that should not be recycled.
- What can and cannot be recycled in your office space?
- How do you know if something is a record and should be managed through Records Management?
- What types of paper, paper-type wastes, and containers can be recycled?
- What is my role in recycling?
- Why is recycling important?
- How can I do more?