Pinellas County promotes a healthy lifestyle
for its employees through the Wellness Program. Check out these free resources and tips to help you create healthy habits, exercise more, eat better, stay active, reduce stress, stop smoking and much more:
All documents in PDF format.
Creating Health Habits
Change a Habit, Change Your Health - The 2019 series taught mini-habit strategies to improve eating habits and overall well-being using principles of the DASH diet (Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension).
Alzheimer's Association -
Resources for people living with Alzheimer’s disease or a memory related disorder and their caregivers including support groups, care consultation, and educational programs.
- Elder Options: Call the helpline at (800) 262-2243 or visit the website to request one-to-one coaching, supportive services, training and community resources related to dementia.
- Savvy Caregiver Training: Free live online training program for caregivers who assist persons with dementia.
No-cost assistance is available from the following sources to help you with financial planning related to debt, budgeting, retirement, and investments:
- Cigna (Employee Assistance Program)
- Call Cigna at (800) 862-3557, option 4, or log in to myCigna.com, select Coverage and Employee Assistance Program to access the online chat option.
- Talk with a financial consultant or get a free half-hour consultation with a network attorney.
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Call MyFRS Financial Guidance Line at (866) 446-9377 to speak with a certified financial planner from Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visit the FRS website at www.myfrs.com for financial planning resources including webinars and videos.
- Access free financial and legal resources from our life insurance provider, Securian, at LifeBenefits.com/LFG (user name: lfg and password: resources) or call (877) 849-6034.
The Power of Sleep: Your A to ZZZz Guide to Good Health Learning Series - The 2019 series provided information on types of sleep, sleep cycle, connection between sleep and disease, strategies and tools to improve sleep, sleep disorders and treatment options.
- Employee Assistance Program - Get confidential assistance for life's pressures.
Stress-Proof Brain Learning Series - The 2018 series, based on a book by Dr. Melanie Greenberg, provided insights on the brain's physiological response to stress plus practical stress-buster techniques.
- Relieve Stress with the Four A's (Mayo Clinic)
Contact the Wellness Program
(727) 464-3367, option 1
Return to top