Employee Voice 2021 Survey
The biennial employee survey is your opportunity to tell us about your experience working at Pinellas County. The survey was conducted in August 2021.
Human Resources will reveal the UPS-wide results in the November issue of The Pen and post the Executive Summary on this page. Each Appointing Authorities will share results with their employees.
Documents are provided as Adobe Acrobat PDF files
Is the survey really anonymous?
YES! Your responses are 100% anonymous. An outside agency (Empact Solutions) conducted the survey. Neither Human Resources nor your manager can see names or individual responses.
When was the survey distributed?
On August 2, 2021, employees received a message in their work email from Empact Solutions with a unique link to the electronic survey.
Did anything change as a result of the last survey?
Yes. Your survey responses helped to shape and guide important decisions within your department/division as well as in the organization overall.
|View the July Pen for a list of accomplishments based on the last survey.
Some ways that leadership acted upon results of the 2019 survey were:
- Improved work relationships like implementing employee-driven process improvement teams and employee forums, internal task teams and meeting restructuring.
- Enhanced professional development and career growth opportunities including defining career paths/ladders and offering leadership programs.
- More employee recognition such as periodic awards and perks for outstanding service.
- Organization improvements such as developing service standards and operation procedures, reorganizing to streamline reporting relationships and customer service.
- Succession planning including supporting career growth, offering enhanced training opportunities and promoting from within based on career series.
How were the results kept anonymous?
- Your responses were submitted directly to a third-party research agency, Empact Solutions, for analysis. Only Empact Solutions will see the raw data including demographic information such as employee department, age, sex, ethnicity, etc.
- Your survey responses are anonymous. In no case will information be reported to Pinellas County in such a way that an individual's identity can be known.
- Survey answers accompanied by demographic data will not be provided at the individual department/division level. For smaller departments, additional steps will be taken that no demographic data will be shared, and small departments may be grouped together to protect individual identity.
Do the results go to the managers?
No. The individual survey submissions are confidential and were not provided to Human Resources, managers, supervisors, directors or Appointing Authorities in such a way that individual responses will be discernible. Each Appointing Authority will receive a summary of results that will then be shared with the leadership team, managers and employees. This data will be used to plan actions that need to be taken as a result of the 2021 Employee Voice Survey. Again, this summary looks at trends and protects individual responses.
Were the questions the same as last time?
Yes. The questions were very similar to the 2015, 2017 and 2019 surveys to allow data comparison.
What type of questions were on the survey?
There was a mixture of multiple choice and open-ended questions about what you like best about working for the County, and what you like least.
What if I have other questions?
Contact Empact Solutions by email at EMPACTSolutions@Outlook.com.
Return to top