Coronavirus (COVID-19) for County Employees
All Learning & Development and Wellness classes are postponed. All Wellness Center locations are closed.
Pinellas County Human Resources continues to monitor the situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), work closely with County agencies to remain prepared and ensure employees are informed.
In an abundance of caution amid COVID-19, Human Resources is working remotely. Our staff is available via email, phone, online meetings and video conferencing. Please contact us at (727) 464-3367 or email email@example.com for assistance.
On this page, you will find resources about best prevention practices, working remotely, managing stress and paid leave policy. Our page is updated daily. Please share relevant resources with employees who do not have computer access.
All documents in PDF format.
Current Sick Leave Policy
- Any employee displaying flu and flu-like symptoms should not come to work.
- Per our current policy, this is considered scheduled leave since flu-related absences are currently treated as scheduled leave.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Florida Department of Health
- Educate yourself using the resource links shown above.
- Follow the CDC recommendations for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Return to top