Retiree: Vision Plan
Pinellas County provides vision coverage to its retirees through EyeMed. You pay no additional premium for vision benefits. They are included in your health insurance deduction.
All documents are in PDF format.
- Website: www.EyeMed.com/en-us/member
- Network: Insight
- App: EyeMed
- Phone: (866) 939-3633
Monday to Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
Important website login information:
- To view a provider list, see Find an Eye Doctor and select Insight for the network. Select Search by Location (type zip code) or Search by Doctor (type name).
- LensCrafters, with locations throughout Pinellas County, is available in addition to many other providers. Find a LensCrafters.
- Visionworks does not participate in the EyeMed plan.
- EyeMed provides ID cards to members when you enroll.
- If you lose your ID card, call EyeMed at (866) 939-3633 or login to EyeMed, select Account, and Print My ID Card.
- Please note that you don't need an ID card to use your vision benefits, just your name and birth date.
When you visit an in-network eye doctor, you don’t need to submit a claim. EyeMed handles the paperwork.
Abbreviated information is shown below. For detailed information, view the EyeMed Vision Plan Benefits Summary, or log in to EyeMed, select Benefits and My Benefits.
Basic Eye Examination:
- $10 copay per calendar year for vision exam
- $20 copay per calendar year for clear plastic lenses in single, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular prescription
- See EyeMed Summary for additional information on options, coatings, and progressive/transition lenses
- Eyeglass frame allowance: $130 allowance
- 20% discount after the $130 allowance
Contact Lenses in Lieu of Eyeglasses:
- Contact lenses allowance: $100 allowance and 15% off balance (100% of balance for disposable lenses)
- Fitting and follow-up care: No charge
LASIK or PRK
- IMPORTANT: You must call (800) 988-4221 for EyeMed confirmation before scheduling laser vision correction service.
- Find an eye surgeon in the U.S. Laser Network.
- 15% off retail or 5% off promotional price less $1,125 allowance
Do I go to an EyeMed provider if I need eye drops,
have an eye infection or have injured my eyes?
No. The vision care benefit covers routine vision care only such as routine eye examinations, corrective eyewear and LASIK/PRK.
Services related to medical or surgical treatment
of eye disease or injury are not covered by EyeMed.
Contact a Cigna medical provider for services related to illness or injuries to the eyes.
Where can I go for a vision exam?
See EyeMed's Find an Eye Doctor and select Insight for the network or call (866) 939-3633.
What if my current provider is not in the EyeMed network?
EyeMed contracts with an extensive network of providers in the marketplace including LensCrafters. If your current provider is not in their network, you may select a new provider or use the out-of-network reimbursement option.
How often may I have a vision exam?
You may receive a basic comprehensive routine vision exam once per calendar year for a $10 copay.
How often may I purchase
Eyeglass lenses and frames may be purchased once per calendar year.
Can I get vision services if I am out
Yes. EyeMed is a nationwide program.
To locate a provider, see EyeMed's Find an Eye Doctor and select Insight for the network or call (866) 939-3633.
Will I have to pay more than a $20
copay when I purchase eyeglasses?
Clear plastic lenses are covered under the $20 copay including single vision, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular lenses. Eyeglass frames allowance is $130. Please see the EyeMed Summary for more information.
Will my contact fitting fee be covered?
Yes. Contact fitting and follow-up care is free of charge.
May I use my vision benefit to purchase both eyeglasses and contacts?
No. You may purchase either eyeglasses or contacts.
Return to top