COBRA (Continuation of Coverage)
2022 Plan Administrator Change
As of January 1, 2022, Pinellas County's COBRA benefits will move to iTedium from Discovery Benefits. The plans will not change. Premiums will be slightly lower.
Pinellas County provides COBRA benefits through Discovery Benefits.
All documents are in PDF format.
Contact Discovery Benefits
Benefits Coverage End Date
- The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives Pinellas County employees the right to a temporary extension of health, dental and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefits for themselves and/or covered dependents if you lose group plan coverage in certain instances, such as termination of employment.
- View the Legal Notice.
- For more information, see:
- COBRA participants pay the full cost of coverage which includes the employee and employer portion of the premium, plus an administrative fee.
- View the COBRA Premium Chart.
If you or your dependent experiences a qualifying loss of coverage, our COBRA administrator, Discovery Benefits, will mail to your home address:
- COBRA qualifying event notice
- Enrollment information
Return to top