Behavioral/Mental Health Program
Need ongoing support or long-term help? Get confidential assistance for everyday challenges and more serious problems with the Behavioral/Mental Health Program. Services include counseling and treatment. The program is subject to the same copays, deductibles and coinsurance.
All documents are in PDF format.
- Website: www.myCigna.com
- App: myCigna
- Phone: (800) 862-3557, option 4, available 24/7, remain on the line for both behavioral/mental health and EAP assistance
- Get assistance by phone, in-person or video-conference (virtual visit)
What is the Behavioral/Mental Health Program?
The Behavioral/Mental Health Program provides short-term and long-term problem resolution services to help you and your family with issues such as:
- Depression, anxiety or stress
- Alcohol or substance use
- Anger management
- Marital problems
- Coping with grief and loss
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Compulsive spending or gambling
Who is eligible?
Employees and eligible dependents are eligible for the Behavioral/Mental Health Program if they are enrolled in Pinellas County's group health plan.
How much does it cost?
- Outpatient Services
- Open Access Plus (OAP), previously called Point of Service or POS, enrollees have a $25 copay per visit with their in-network provider.
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus HSA, previously called Consumer Driven Health Plan, enrollees charges are subject to their deductible and coinsurance.
- Inpatient Services
(at a hospital, clinic or mental health facility)
- Charges are handled as any hospitalization and applied to the deductible under both plans and 20% coinsurance after the deductible is met.
How do I find a provider?
There are two options to locate a psychiatrist, psychologist, clinician, nurse practitioner, or clinic:
- Use the Cigna Provider Directory
- Enter an address, city or zip code, then select Doctor by Type, Doctor by Name or Health Facilities.
- Select Log In/Register or Continue as Guest.
- To determine if the provider is in-network, check the Plans Accepted at this Location to make sure Open Access Plan (OAP) or Choice Fund OA Plus is listed.
- Call Cigna at (800) 862-3557.
What services can I get?
Outpatient or inpatient services including:
- Personal counseling
- Treatment for conditions such as clinical depression, substance use disorder, or an eating disorder
- Virtual visits (online therapy) are available.
What is the difference between the Behavioral/Mental Health Program and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
- EAP provides short-term problem resolution services for mental health and other life issues and/or referrals for longer term care.
- Behavioral/Mental Health Program provides short-term and long-term problem resolution for behavioral/mental health issues.
- Outpatient services - Use either program.
- Inpatient services - For services at a hospital or clinic for diagnosed conditions such as depression or substance use, use the Behavioral/Mental Health Program.
Do I start with EAP or the Behavioral/Mental Health Program?
- Every situation is different, but generally we recommend starting with EAP to determine what services will work best for your needs.
Return to top