About Us: Human Resources
|Kimberly R. Crum
Human Resources serves all of the Appointing Authorities by recruiting, retaining and developing a talented, diverse and engaged workforce prepared to serve the citizens of Pinellas County. Human Resources strives to be a trusted solution partner by providing expert services regarding employee relations, performance management, benefits and wellness programs, compensation, learning opportunities, recognition programs, recruiting strategies and employee communication tools.
Human Resources provides the following services to employees within the Unified Personnel System:
- Oversees employee health benefits, retirement information and deferred compensation plans.
- See Benefits.
Classification & Compensation
- Provides communication to employees, retirees, interns, and volunteers using publications, emails, website, and other methods to inform and engage them.
- Offers employee and citizen surveys and focus groups.
- Provides consulting services to management and employees regarding performance, grievances, disciplinary actions, conflict resolution and employee counseling.
- Interprets employment regulations, County policies, procedures, rules and practices.
- See Employee Relations.
- Responsible for recruiting applicants to fill positions within the Unified Personnel System.
- See Employment/Jobs.
Organizational & Talent Development
- Enhances organizational performance and career development through learning opportunities including instructor-led courses, the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Learning Paths.
- See Organizational & Talent Development.
- Audits all personnel transactions, monitors and updates position information and ensures that related personnel rules, policies and procedures are consistently applied for all employees.
- Responsible for recruiting and placing citizens in County government volunteer and intern positions and facilitating the involvement of Pinellas County government employees in community events and projects.
- See Volunteers and Interns.
- Oversees the employee Health and Wellness Program including Wellness Incentives and the Wellness Center.
- See Wellness.
Unified Personnel System
The Human Resources Department is part of the Unified Personnel System (UPS) of Pinellas County Government. It provides personnel services for the ten Appointing Authorities who comprise the UPS.
The UPS was set up in 1975 by a special legislative act and is a program of public personnel administration for its members with two basic purposes:
- to provide equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants for public service jobs
- to promote efficiency and economy in the public service by hiring and retaining the best qualified persons available for County employment
The UPS (and its member agencies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates under an Affirmative Action plan. It complies with the Florida Veterans' Preference Law, the federal Drug-Free Work Place Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Immigration Reform Act, and all other local, state, and federal laws relating to general employment and public employment.