Public transportation, clean vehicles, reducing congestion, trails
Pinellas County Educational Initiatives:
- Forward Pinellas holds public meetings and provides opportunities to get involved.
Pinellas County Programs and Best Practices:
- Forward Pinellas - Develops plans, policies, and priorities that guide local decision making on transportation issues.
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA) – Created by the Florida State Legislature in 2007 to develop and implement a Regional Transportation Master Plan for the seven-county West Central Florida region consisting of Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Sarasota counties.
- Fleet Management operates a biodiesel/ethanol fueling station for county vehicles.
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) uses environmentally friendly ways to wash buses, recycle oil and paper products. PSTA also uses special motor oil and diesel fuel and operates several diesel-electric hybrid buses.
- LED traffic lights have been installed by Public Works.
- The Sheriff’s Office employs bicycle patrol in neighborhoods.
- Pinellas County employees can use a telecommuting program to reduce traffic congestion and air pollution.
- Guide to the Pinellas County Trail – The Trail is a unique greenway corridor linking some of Pinellas County’s most picturesque parks, scenic coastal areas and residential neighborhoods. Each month, an average of 90,000 people enjoy bicycle riding, strolling or jogging on the trail.
- St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) awarded stimulus funds for terminal renovation and improvements.
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council – Brought together local governments and gubernatorial appointees to coordinate planning for the Region’s future, while providing a venue for analyzing issues, resolving problems, and sharing solutions among the 43 jurisdictions in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco and Pinellas counties.
- Friends of the Pinellas Trail – A not-for-profit corporation that supports the Trail and related activities. The organization is comprised solely of volunteers who love the trail and are dedicated to its future success.
All about your property,
neighborhood and local
fire depts., schools,
hospitals and more.