Natural resource conservation & management, coastal management, recreation, open space, and culture.
Pinellas County Educational Initiatives:
Pinellas County Programs and Best Practices:
- Recycling facilities are located in select public parks.
- Florida Yards and Neighborhoods – The Florida-Friendly Landscape™ program is designed to assist and guide residents to conserve water in the landscape and make positive changes in the environmental quality of yards, neighborhoods, and surrounding waterways.
- County parks protect natural resources and provide recreational amenities.
- The Managed Land Areas manages the county’s preserves and management areas, providing sound stewardship to the county’s wild lands and opportunities for the appreciation of their intrinsic value.
Pinellas County Policy and Directives:
- The Tampa Bay Estuary Program (TBNEP) – Pinellas County is one of the partners in the TBNEP. The program’s mission is to build partnerships to restore and protect Tampa Bay through implementation of a scientifically sound, community-based management plan.
- Pinellas County Preserve Ordinance 08-29 – The objective of these regulations is to permit public use of certain environmental lands and waterways consistent with their protection and management, as set forth in the county comprehensive plan and various management plans.
All about your property,
neighborhood and local
fire depts., schools,
hospitals and more.