Flood Elevation Certificate
Provide information necessary to:
- Ensure compliance with floodplain management ordinances.
- Determine the proper insurance premium rate.
- Request a map amendment or revision.
If you live in one of the Pinellas County municipalities, please contact your city for flood map information.
Pinellas County does not prepare elevation certificates. Elevation Certificates are prepared by licensed surveyors and submitted to Pinellas County as a requirement of the building permit process. The County and its municipalities only have Elevation Certificates that were completed for building compliance since the last 1990's. The County does not have Elevation Certificates for buildings constructed prior to that or those completed solely for flood insurance purposes on file.
Where to Get an Elevation Certificate:
- Download a copy from the Pinellas County online Elevation Certificate Map . Click on the symbol to download a copy. The County and its municipalities only have Elevation Certificates that were completed for building compliance since the late 1990ís on file, most of which are available on this map app (white symbols). Additionally, the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) provides Elevation Certificates submitted by surveyors since 2017, which are available on this map app (colored symbols).
Request a copy from Pinellas County or your municipality. The County and its municipalities only have Elevation Certificates that were completed for building compliance since the late 1990's on file.
Did You Know?
Pinellas County provides copies of FEMA elevation certificates on all buildings in the unincorporated area constructed in the floodplain since 1992. Contact Pinellas County Flood Information Services at (727) 464-7700.
- Ask the sellers. When buying a property, ask the sellers to give you their elevation certificate.
- Ask the developer or builder. In a high-risk area, the developer or builder might have been required to get an elevation certificate at the time of construction. You can also request one as part of the survey that is done when you build or purchase a house.
- Hire a licensed land surveyor, professional engineer, or certified architect who is authorized by law to certify elevation information. For a fee, these professionals can complete an elevation certificate for you. Check the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website to find surveyors with active licenses and view any complaints that have been filed against them (search for Pinellas County and LS-Surveyor and mapper).
Effective January 1, 2017, a copy of each elevation certificate prepared by a surveyor and mapper will be submitted to the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) as required by Florida Statute 472.0366.
You can easily upload a copy of your certificates and view previously submitted certificates .