Effective Monday June 13, 2022 in-person permit transactions are limited to 3 permits per customer per day.
- Permits and development applications can be picked up or dropped off in the lobby of 440 Court Street without an appointment from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Same day in person services are available ONLY through our Get In-Line ONLINE between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the following:
- Express Permits Only (limited to 3 daily)
- Inquiries and New Owner-Builder Submittal Assistance
- New application submital guidance
- Limited Consultation for Existing Projects
We understand this impacts the overall processing timelines, staff will respond to requests as quickly as possible. (Contractors may still make permitting and inspection requests online.)
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use Consultation by appointment only. Sign up by email or use the Qless app that is available for free download on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Operations
- Payment of permit and/or application fees will be limited to credit card transactions.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing longer than normal processing times.
Development Review Services (DRS) provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to the review of applications for land development activities in unincorporated Pinellas County to ensure the most efficient, effective and coordinated review possible in accordance with the purpose and intent of the County’s Land Development Code regulations.
Service Area: Unincorporated Pinellas County
Engineering and Drainage:
- Drainage Requirements
- Drainage of stormwater from property
- Floodplains / Flooding
- Roads - Right of Way / Special Use
- Completion Bonds
- Maintenance Bonds
- Site Plan Pre-Application Meeting Request Form
- Site Plan Review Listing
- Site Plan Review Application
- Site Plan Check List
- Development Review Committee - reviews applications for land development activities.
Tree Removal Permit / Landscaping / Habitat Codes:
- Permits for tree removal
- Exotic tree removal
- Landscaping options
- Mangrove trimming
- Habitat Codes / Protection / Management
Zoning / Land Use Information:
- Land Development Code
- Maps and Aerials
- Rezoning and / or Land Use Change
- Special Exception Conditional Use
- Variances Request
- Pinellas County Codes / Municode
- Engineering & Technical Information
- Fee Schedules
- Forms / Permit Applications
- Glossary of Terms
- Petition to Vacate Process
- Phone Numbers
Complaints / Report:
- Code Enforcement - or call (727) 464-4761
Other Related Departments:
- Building Services
- Code Enforcement - tall grass, trash, etc.
- Housing and Community Development - zoning change, Land Use Amendment
- Public Works