Permit Fee Schedule Notice
Pinellas County’s Board of County Commissioners will consider, at a public hearing, whether to increase the fees associated with permitting during the Commission meeting on Tuesday, September 24 (second reading). If approved, the fee increases will go into effect October 1, 2019. Pinellas County has not increased its permitting fees since 2008.
New Fees - Starting October 1, 2019, building inspection, plan review, and permit fees, including the administrative fee, will automatically increase by an average of 10%.
For any customers that currently have a permit in process with the county, if the invoice for your permit is issued prior to October 1, 2019, you will not be charged according to the new fee schedule.
Proposed FY 2020 Building Services Fee Changes
Building Services provides building permits, building inspections, and code reference for unincorporated Pinellas County.
Our Service Areas include Unincorporated Pinellas County and communities who contract our services....Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, and Oldsmar.
City of Belleair Bluffs
Due to pre-permit procedures set by The City of Belleair Bluffs, Online permit service will no longer be available for projects in the City of Belleair Bluffs. Permits within the City will be required to be pulled in person. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information on application and registration procedures for the City of Belleair Bluffs please visit their website www.belleairbluffs.org/permits.aspx or phone (727) 584-2151.
- Building Departments in Pinellas County
- Building FAQ
- Building Plan Review - Commercial / Residential
- Codes / Municode
- Fee Schedules
- Forms / Permits / Check Lists (for homeowners)
- Forms / Permits / Check Lists (for contractors)
- General Property Map - view this map for parcel, zoning, land use, aerials, and general information
- Phone Number List
- Steps for New Building Commercial Development
- Subcontractor Form - Subcontractor FAQ
- View Elevation Certificates (use Chrome or Firefox and zoom in on pink dots)
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at
Notices and News:
- Effective April 1, 2019: Changes to Inspection Scheduling . To maintain high standards of customer service, Pinellas County will be enacting changes to Inspection Scheduling requiring inspections to be scheduled prior to 3:30pm for an inspection to occur on the next business day.
- Helpful reminder: Contractors must provide Pinellas County Building Services a copy of your renewed State of Florida license and updated Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) yellow card before expiration to avoid conflict of scheduling inspections or applying for permits. Updated licenses and PCCLB cards may be emailed to Building Services. Each municipal building department will require an updated copy of each, as well. PCCLB renewal may be completed online June 19 – October 2, 2019.
- 2017 Florida Building Code 6th Edition is now in effect.
- Central Permit Form - Management determined that Owner and Contractor attestations will be sufficient in place of the latest change procedure requiring Owner and Contractor notarized signatures.
Report / File:
- Building Green
- Construction Licensing Board
- Choosing a Contractor - Florida Lien Law
- Development Review Services
- Utilities - Engineering Specifications
Permits Required / No Permits
List of permits and no permits required
If you live in a city, check your city's website for their codes more>