Effective Monday June 13, 2022 in-person permit transactions are limited to 3 permits per customer per day.
- Permits and development applications can be picked up or dropped off in the lobby of 440 Court Street without an appointment from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Same day in person services are available ONLY through our Get In-Line ONLINE between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the following:
- Express Permits Only (limited to 3 daily)
- Inquiries and New Owner-Builder Submittal Assistance
- New application submital guidance
- Limited Consultation for Existing Projects
We understand this impacts the overall processing timelines, staff will respond to requests as quickly as possible. (Contractors may still make permitting and inspection requests online.)
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use Consultation by appointment only. Sign up by email or use the Qless app that is available for free download on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Operations
- Payment of permit and/or application fees will be limited to credit card transactions.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing longer than normal processing times.
Building Services provides building permits, building inspections, and code reference for unincorporated Pinellas County and the following communities: Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Oldsmar and Safety Harbor.
Contact Info for all Building Departments in Pinellas County
- View Elevation Certificates (use Chrome or Firefox and zoom in on pink dots)
- Elevation Certificate Updates
- General Property Map - view this map for parcel, zoning, land use, aerials, and general information
- Phone Number List
- Steps for New Building Commercial Development
- Subcontractor Form - Subcontractor FAQ
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at
Report / File:
- Building Green
- Construction Licensing Board
- Choosing a Contractor - Florida Lien Law
- Development Review Services
- Housing and Community Development
- Utilities - Engineering Specifications
City of Belleair Bluffs
Due to pre-permit procedures set by The City of Belleair Bluffs, Online permit service will no longer be available for projects in the City of Belleair Bluffs. Permits within the City will be required to be pulled in person. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information on application and registration procedures for the City of Belleair Bluffs please visit their website www.belleairbluffs.org/permits.aspx or phone (727) 584-2151.
Permits Required / No Permits
List of permits and no permits required
If you live in a city, check your city's website for their codes more>