Unable to reach the Access Portal?
Refresh your browser
Our offices will be closed
Thursday, November 25 and 26
in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Offices will re-open on Monday, November 29.
Our permitting and inspection services have moved to our Pinellas County Access Portal.
The Pinellas County Automated Inspection Phone Line: (727) 453-4000. Phone Information
TEMPORARY SERVICE CHANGES
DUE TO COVID-19
To protect the public and staff, Building and Development Review Services has implemented temporary service changes. Until further notice, these procedures will be in place:
- Permits and development applications can be picked up or dropped off in the lobby of 440 Court Street without an appointment from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Same day in person services are available ONLY through our Get In-Line ONLINE between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the following:
- Express Permits Only (limited to 3)
- New Submittal Assistance
- Owner-Builder Submittals
- Check payments for approved permits/issuance
- Limited Consultation for Existing Projects
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use Consultation
We understand this impacts the overall processing timelines, staff will respond to requests as quickly as possible. (Contractors may still make permitting and inspection requests online.)
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Operations
- Payment of permit and/or application fees will be limited to credit card transactions.
- All public meetings will be held telephonically or virtually.
Building Services provides building permits, building inspections, and code reference for unincorporated Pinellas County and the following communities: Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Oldsmar and Safety Harbor.
Contact Info for all Building Departments in Pinellas County
- View Elevation Certificates (use Chrome or Firefox and zoom in on pink dots)
- Elevation Certificate Updates
- General Property Map - view this map for parcel, zoning, land use, aerials, and general information
- Phone Number List
- Steps for New Building Commercial Development
- Subcontractor Form - Subcontractor FAQ
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at
Report / File:
- Building Green
- Construction Licensing Board
- Choosing a Contractor - Florida Lien Law
- Development Review Services
- Housing and Community Development
- Utilities - Engineering Specifications
City of Belleair Bluffs
Due to pre-permit procedures set by The City of Belleair Bluffs, Online permit service will no longer be available for projects in the City of Belleair Bluffs. Permits within the City will be required to be pulled in person. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information on application and registration procedures for the City of Belleair Bluffs please visit their website www.belleairbluffs.org/permits.aspx or phone (727) 584-2151.
Permits Required / No Permits
List of permits and no permits required
If you live in a city, check your city's website for their codes more>