The Pinellas County Automated Inspection Phone Line:
(727) 453-4000. Additonal Building Phone Numbers
If you have questions or require assistance with the Pinellas County Access Portal, please send us an email or call us at (727) 464-3888 and press 4.
It is strongly recommended that contractors create a Pinellas County Access Portal account to monitor their applications, pay fees, and schedule inspections. Over the phone payments and inspection requests will be limited during this transition period.
- All Contractors NOT Regulated by PCCLB (Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board) (Gas/LP, Mobile Home installers/IH, Sprinkler/Chemical (fire protection contractors)
Contractors NOT regulated by PCCLB will need to provide updated contractor information with their permit drop-offs that include:
- Copy of State Issued Contractor License,
- Liability and Workers Compensation Insurance Certificates,
- Current ORIGINAL Notarized Letter of Authorization,
- Copy of State Issued Identification (Drivers License, etc.) and address must match Contractor License.
- This will only be required for first time applications dropped off after October 2, 2020. Previous registrations will not be carried over.
- PCCLB (Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board) Registered Contractors
Please note: If the license does not appear when adding your license, the license maybe expired, or may not be active in PCCLB database. You will need to contact PCCLB directly to rectify any issues with a license status. Pinellas County Building Services will not be able to update any license information. Permits will not be processed for inactive contractors. When registering in the new portal, the license must be in Active status. Please provide for authorized agents the ORIGINAL Current Notarized Letter of Authorization. This will only be required for the first application dropped off after October 2, 2020. Previous registrations will not be carried over. All permits applied in error are NON - REFUNDABLE.
- Online Express Permit Contractors
Please Note: You must have a valid license associated with your Citizen Access account in order to apply for Express Building Permits.Online Express Permit contractors will need to create an account through the Portal (instructions). A current state-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or a State identification card, must be uploaded in order for Pinellas County Building Services to grant permissions, a process that may take up to 24 hours.
- All permits applied in error are NON - REFUNDABLE.
- Permitting Guide
- Express permits are standalone and cannot be combined together for a larger project. If the permit type is not on the list below, please visit our office and submit a paper combination permit application or send by mail.
Questions? Contact us by email or at 727-464-3888
- Private provider permits must be mailed in to or in applied for in person at the Building and Development Review Services Department. There is a $600 minimum fee.
- Express permits can be applied for online for the following areas: Unincorporated Pinellas County, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Oldsmar, and Safety Harbor.
- All Belleair Beach and Belleair Bluffs express permit applications must include a pre-approval letter from their respective city. Alternately, permits can be applied for in-person at our offices and must include the pre-approval letters.
- Only the following Express permits are available online.
- Garage Doors
- Siding/Stucco/Soffit & Fasci
- Windows/Doors/Shutters (Attachments Required for Plan Review prior to issuance)
- Water Heaters (All types)
- Electrical-Pool-Heat Pump Only
- Electrical Re-Cert/Restore Power
- Electrical Service Change - 1 Or 2 Family Only
- Gas-Change of LP Gas Supplier (no new exterior underground piping or new tanks)
- Gas Appliance Change out
- Mechanical-AC and Furnace Change Outs/AC Duct Replacement
- Plumbing Emergency Sewer/Water Service REPLACEMENT ONLY
- Plumbing Interior Only BLDG Drain Replacement
- Plumbing Cure in Place Pipe Liner System
- Plumbing Fixture Replacement Res/Comm
- Plumbing Re-pipe Water Distribution (no exterior work)
- Plumbing Shower Pan (Plumbing Only) Tub to Shower Conversion
- Plumbing Water Conditioners/Softeners
- Refrigeration-Refrigeration Eq C/O
- Roofing Flat/Shingle/Tile/Roofing
- Roofing Metal (Requires S&S Engineering) (Attachments Required for Plan Review prior to issuance)
Landscape, Fertilizer and Docks
Landscape and fertilizer decal applications are now being processed through the Pinellas County Access Portal. If you need assistance with using the portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (727) 464-4425.
Note: Mangrove permitting is not available through the Pinellas County Access Portal at this time. The Water and Navigation Office is still accepting paper applications submitted by mail or in person, but we will no longer be accepting Mangrove permitting applications by email. Please contact the office at WaterNavPermits@pinellascounty.org or (727) 453-3385 if you need assistance.
A general information session to address the initial launch of the portal was held virtually on August 26, 2020. View the recording of this session for a demonstration of the portal.