Important Message for
Afghanistan veterans and families
We recognize this has been difficult for many, especially for those who served in Afghanistan, their families, survivors, and those who care for Veterans. We would like to spread the message of resources to help and reach as many as we can. We’re not only encouraging those who need help to seek it, but we’re working to ensure those affected know that what they feel – distress, anxiety, anguish, even questioning their service – are all normal feelings. Most importantly, let them know they are not alone.
If you are having thoughts of suicide, please call 1-800-273-8255, press Option 1 or visit the Veteran's Crisis Line website to text and chat.
For emergency mental health care, please call 9-1-1 or visit the Bay Pines VA Emergency Department 24/7 regardless of your discharge status or enrollment in other VA health care.
Additional resources available:
Pinellas County Veteran Services is an important link in helping residents understand and obtain important government services. This program helps Pinellas County veterans and their families receive better access to services. There is no fee or cost for submitting an application for VA benefits. Our services are also free of charge.
We appreciate veterans and their service to our country. You will always be treated with courtesy and compassion at our office. We are committed to providing you with a clear, complete and accurate explanation of the process of applying for veterans benefits and services.
In the News:
- VA Expands offering of COVID 19 Booster Vaccines
- Homebound Veterans and COVID 19
- Military and Veterans Assistance Program
- DoD-Open Online Exchange Shopping to Veterans
- Pinellas County honors our fallen heroes
- Pinellas County Transit Services
You qualify to use our services if you are a:
- Veteran / Veteran’s dependent
- Surviving spouse or child
- Reservist or National Guard member
- Active duty service member
We will be glad to help you understand these benefits and apply for programs and services:
- Compensation and Pension
- Education Benefits
- Funeral Benefits
- Health Care
- Home Loans
- Life Insurance
- Survivor Benefits
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Services
We offer expert guidance and help in:
- Understanding services and programs
- Developing and presenting claims
- Filing claims
- Appealing claims
- Help in obtaining documents
- Discharge papers
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce certificate
- Death certificate
- Medical records
- Veteran & Military Resource Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Veterans Services Brochure
- For specific information about veteran’s benefits, you may call (800) 827-1000 or visit the U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs.
- Veteran’s Tax Exemptions for Pinellas County Real Estate - for honorably discharged veterans and surviving spouses of honorably discharged veterans who have a disability (or partial disability) from their time in service. Property Appraiser: (727) 464-3294.