Industrial Wastewater Pretreatment Program is to assure protection of waterways by controlling wastewater discharge from industry and non-domestic sources to municipal sewer collection systems and treatment facilities.
All industrial and non-domestic wastewater sources located within the South Cross Bayou Advance Wastewater Treatment Facility and the William E. Dunn Water Reclamation Facility service areas, as well as those located within the city of Pinellas Park, are required to complete an industrial user survey in order for the county to make a determination of Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit (IWDP) applicability. (more info )
Businesses will require an Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit if processes generating wastewater meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Categorical Industrial User - a business subject to categorical pretreatment standards as described in the Federal Code of Regulations (40 CFR Parts 405-471).
- Discharges an average of 25,000 gallons per day or more of processed wastewater.
- Contributes a process waste steam that is five percent or more of the average dry weather hydraulic capacity of the wastewater treatment facility.
- Wastewater characteristics that exceed local discharge parameter limits.
- Reasonable potential to adversely affect the wastewater treatment facility's operation as determined by the county.
Obtaining an IWDP does not relieve a permittee of its obligation to comply with all federal and state pretreatment standards or requirements, or with any other requirements of federal, state or local law. In addition, businesses must contact Pinellas County’s Building and Development Review Services Division to assure compliance with PCC, Division 4 - Zoning Clearances and Clearances for Permits, Section 138.151, Zoning Clearance Required.
Forms for Industrial Pretreatment:
- Industrial User Survey
- Industrial Wastewater Pretreatment Program Application with attachments - Review and complete application and all attachments
- One Time Compliance Report for Dental Dischargers (fillable)
Complete, print, sign, and mail this form to:
Pinellas County Utilities
Attn: Industrial Pretreatment Program, Bldg A
1620 Ridge Rd., Largo, FL 33778
Links for Federal, State and Local Regulations:
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Pinellas County Industrial Pretreatment Program Local Limits
- Pinellas County Sewer Use Ordinance (Chapter 126 – Utilities)
For additional information, please contact IPP staff at (727) 582-2379, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.