Youth Advisory Committee
A special thanks to this years Youth Advisory Council members
from all of us at Pinellas County Government.
We appreciate you!
YAC 2018 with Board of County Commissioners
(Click to enlarge photo)
- to make a difference
- meet and make new friends
- to learn about county government and operations
- leadership opportunities
- help the environment
- have a voice in county government
- learn about county history
- volunteer to help with community projects
- meet the county leaders
- looks good on college applications
- opportunity to be on TV
Join us on
Teens serving the community - invasive species removal at
Fort De Soto Park
To become a member, committee participants must be:
- current students in grades 9-12
- reside in Pinellas County
- have a desire to learn about county government
- serve until graduation from high school
The following events and dates are important for any interested youth and their parents. Stay tuned for more information on each.
- August 1 - 23: Application window open
- August 19: YAC open house
- September 12: YAC appointments at BCC meeting
- September 18: First YAC meeting
Interested youth and their parents are welcome to sit in on a general session meeting. Please let us know you will be attending a meeting by sending us an email, so we can welcome you properly.
Third Wednesday of the month at 3:15 p.m.
310 Court Street, Clearwater
1st Floor Conference Room
email us at email@example.com
- Meeting Schedule
- Agendas & Minutes / Archive
- About Our Government
The committee provides regular reports and updates to the Board of County Commissioners at their monthly night meeting. In addition, the committee plans and participates in several community service projects throughout the year.
For more information about the Youth Advisory Committee, please contact the staff advisor:
Pinellas County Extension