YAC 2018 with Board of County Commissioners
(Click to enlarge photo)
Join us on
To become a member, committee participants must be:
- current students in grades 9-12
- reside in Pinellas County
- have a desire to learn about county government
The following events and dates are important for any interested youth and their parents. Stay tuned for more information on each.
- August 7 - 31: Application window
- August 28: Open house for applicants
- September 24: Appointments to YAC (at BCC meeting); first meeting to follow appointments
Teens serving the community - invasive species removal at
Fort De Soto Park
- to learn about county government and operations
- leadership opportunities
- learn about county history
- volunteer to help with community projects
- meet the government leaders
To allow students the opportunity to explore Pinellas County, government meeting locations will vary month to month.
Interested youth and their parents are welcome to sit in on a general session meeting. Please let us know you will be attending a meeting by sending us an email, so we can welcome you properly.
- Third Wednesday of the month at 3:15 p.m.
- Meeting Schedule
- Agendas & Minutes / Archive
- History and Projects
- About Our Government
The committee provides regular reports and updates to the Board of County Commissioners at their monthly night meeting. In addition, the committee plans and participates in several community service projects throughout the year.
For more information about the Youth Advisory Committee, please contact the staff advisor or County Commissioner liaison:
Pinellas County Extension
Office of Commissioner Kathleen Peters