|2020-2021 School Year Members Appointed Soon!|
|Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are no longer being accepted. New members will be appointed on September 22nd and the first YAC meeting is scheduled for September 30th.|
|Watch the September 10th BCC Board Meeting presentation|
|The next YAC meeting is scheduled for
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 3:30 p.m.
|Meeting agenda and Zoom link|
Join us on
To become a member, committee participants must be:
- current students in grades 9-12
- reside in Pinellas County
- have a desire to learn about county government
- to learn about county government and operations
- leadership opportunities
- learn about county history
- volunteer to help with community projects
- meet the government leaders
- Check out the 2019-2020 Community Service Project, Mental Health Mondays Webinar Series
- Intro videos to Pinellas Youth Advisory Committee
Teens serving the community - invasive species removal at
Fort De Soto Park
To allow students the opportunity to explore Pinellas County, government meeting locations will vary month to month.
Interested youth and their parents are welcome to sit in on a general session meeting. Please let us know you will be attending a meeting by sending us an email, so we can welcome you properly.
- Third Wednesday of the month at 3:30 p.m.
- Meeting Schedule
- Agendas & Minutes / Archive
- History and Projects
- About Our Government
The committee provides regular reports and updates to the Board of County Commissioners at their monthly night meeting. In addition, the committee plans and participates in several community service projects throughout the year.
For more information about the Youth Advisory Committee, please contact the staff advisor or County Commissioner liaison:
Pinellas County Extension
Office of Commissioner Kathleen Peters