Pinellas County Government Internships (Non-Paid)
Would you like to gain job experience and build your resume while creating important connections to professionals in your field? Interning with Pinellas County Government yields many personal benefits while you make a positive difference in your community.
Who can apply?
High school and college students currently enrolled, in good standing, in an educational program that has a formal academic student internship component may apply for internships.
What internships are available?
Pinellas County Government offers opportunities in a variety of fields.
Current opportunities are listed below (alphabetical by site location):
How do I get started?
- Complete a quick internship application. If no internships are currently available in your field, we will share your application with relevant departments.
- Contact Pinellas County Volunteer Services at (727) 464-8477 or by email at email@example.com.
- Pass all required pre-internship screenings.
- Sign agreements to follow County rules, policies, and procedures.
- Get connected with your assigned department and review the rules, policies, and procedures specific to your new departmental duties.
What's it like to be an intern for Pinellas County?
Our interns are a valued member of our team. Here are a few testimonial excerpts:
"While some internships provide a spectator's view with busy work, there are others that immerse you in the field. My internship was the latter, making this a rewarding experience and possible career choice after college."
- Rebecca Herrin, former intern for Pinellas County Extension
"[The staff’s] limitless advice, rich experience, and open availability have been immensely valuable throughout both my educational and internship experience.”
- Michelle Minnis, former intern for Pinellas County Human Resources
"Volunteering in Pinellas County helped me learn that I could be useful. That I could learn and grow, not just professionally, but as a person too.”
- Eduardo Yamauchi, former intern for Pinellas County Solid Waste