HEC3 / Swap Shop
Swap Shop: Electronic / Chemical drop-off
Open six days a week
HEC3 and Swap Shop Hours
|Monday - Friday
||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
||7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
|2855 109th Ave. N., St. Petersburg
Map / Directions
(off 28th St. N.
on the south side
of the Waste-to-Energy facility)
The Swap Shop, located at HEC3, offers used household products such as paint, cleaners, and automotive fluids FREE of charge to Pinellas County residents. One resident painted her entire house with paint she found at the Swap Shop! Despite the name, there is no need to swap. However, because items are free, availability can change by the minute! Quantities may be limited.
Pinellas County Utilities operates the Household Electronics and Chemical Collection Center (HEC3) as a permanent disposal location for hazardous household waste. Pinellas County residents are invited to bring their unwanted electronics and chemicals to the center (at no charge).
How to Package and Transport Chemicals:
- Do NOT mix chemicals together.
- Keep products in original labeled containers if possible.
- Place containers in cardboard boxes. Use crumpled
newspaper to prevent breakage.
- Place leaky containers in clear plastic bags and
transport in boxes with newspaper.
- Put boxes in the trunk or in the back of vehicle
away from passenger.
- For batteries, please cover terminals with heavy tape, or place individual batteries in separate plastic bags to prevent short-circuits.
Items accepted at HEC3:
- Hazardous electronics include TVs, computers, VCRs, CD or DVD players, cell phones and microwave ovens.
- Hazardous chemicals include paint, automotive fluids, batteries, cleaners, fertilizers, pesticides, pool chemicals, and smoke detectors.
- View a complete listing of on the A to Z Guide.
Items NOT accepted at HEC3:
These "special" hazardous waste items are not accepted at HEC3. Click on the item to view safe disposal options:
Collections will be held as scheduled during rain. In the case of lightning, the event will be temporarily suspended for 30 minutes for the safety of our staff. In the event of a predicted tropical depression or hurricane, collection events will be cancelled.
Return to top