- Schedule of User Fees , including:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Payment Options
- Late payment fee: A fee of 10% of the balance due ($1 minimum and $500 maximum) will be assessed for delinquent payments. View more info.
The below schedule is an example of when an account is past due and the payment due date is July 2, 2018:
- 2 days after due date a courtesy call is made (if a phone number is on file)
- 3 days after due date a delinquent bill is generated and mailed to mailing address on file
- 3 days after due date a Late Fee is assessed to your account
- Late fee is 10% of account past due amount with the minimum of $1.00 to a maximum of $500.00 past due
- 8 days after due date a Pre- Termination Notice is mailed to the mailing address and the service address on file.
- A fee of $18.00 is assessed to your account
- 15 days after due date the account is disconnected with a fee of $21.00
Once payment is made to restore service, a reconnection fee is assessed - $32.00 for same day service or $19.00 for next day service.
- Credit card convenience fee: A fee of $3.75 will be assessed for each credit card payment up to $300. For credit card payments over $300, a $3.75 fee will be assessed for each $300 increment within the total payment submitted. View more info .
- eCheck convenience fee: A fee of $3.75 will be assessed for each eCheck (electronic check) payment up to $50,000. View more info .
|Volumetric Rate per 1,000 gallons||$5.13||$4.1329|
|Base Rate Charge per month||$6.80||N/A|
|Volumetric Rate per 1,000 gallons||$4.99||$4.2623|
|Base Rate Charge per month||$13.66||N/A|
The Base Rate Charge is billed bi-monthly for each customer whether the water is on or off.
The Volumetric Cap for Single Family Residencies is 10,000 gallons per month.
The Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) for Commercial accounts is 5,000 gallons per month.
|Reclaimed Water Rates (with Availability Charge)||Retail|
|User Fee Monthly||$16.00|
|User Fee per 1,000 gallons||$1.16|
|Reclaimed Water Rates (without Availability Charge)|
|User Fee Monthly||$22.00|
|User Fee per 1,000 gallons||$1.16|
An Availability Charge applies to unfunded reclaimed water distribution systems.
A few areas have funded systems constructed with cooperative funding. These funded systems do not have a separate availability charge.
The deposit amount is based on the size of the meter and services provided. Deposits for Single Family properties range from $100 to $1,115. Residential deposits are applied to the account as a credit with interest after a good account payment history over a 24-month period. If the account is closed prior to the 24-month period, the deposit and interest is applied towards the final bill balance. Any remaining credit is refunded.
All commercial properties are required to pay a deposit. Commercial deposits range from $100 to $18,850. Commercial deposits are not eligible for refund until service has been finalized.
Residential and commercial accounts accrue deposit interest annually based on a six-month average of the 13-week Treasury Bill.
Pinellas County Customers
The security deposit can be waived on a residential property if you have been a customer with us within the past year with 12-months good account payment history.
Letter of Reference
The security deposit can be waived on a residential property with a Letter of Reference from a major utility (electric, telephone, water, gas) with a good account payment history within the last year with no more than one delinquent account payment in a 12-month period, no returned checks and no delinquent terminations.
- The Letter of Reference will need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details:
- Full Name
- Service Address
- Pinellas County Utilities Account Number
Veterans must provide us with a copy of their DD214 to qualify for a residential deposit waiver.
As a result of delinquent account activity, a delinquent deposit may be required.
For more information about your service area, please contact
Pinellas County Utilities at (727) 464-4000.