Businesses* (including non-profit organizations), hobbyists and collectors have two inexpensive and convenient options for the safe and compliant disposal of hazardous waste and electronics:
March 24, 2015 - Pinellas County is offering free hazardous waste training for small businesses that generate or could potentially generate hazardous waste. Register Here
1. EnviroBusiness Days - Businesses can take electronics or chemical hazardous waste to the monthly EnviroBusiness Day events held at the Household Electronics & Chemical Collection Center (HEC3). Events are held on the second Wednesday of every month (see dates below). View the brochure above for more details.
2. Mobile Collections - Businesses can also bring hazardous waste to a mobile collection event. Please contact the contractors directly prior to the event to arrange for handling and payment. For chemical waste, call EQ Florida at (813) 319-3400. For electronic waste, call Pinellas County Solid Waste at (727) 464-7500.
Call Pinellas County Solid Waste at (727) 464-7500 for current and specific fees for the proper disposal of business hazardous waste (chemicals and electronics). View Business Fees for Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- hazardous electronics and chemicals that are accepted
These "special" hazardous waste items are not accepted at HEC3. Click on the item to view safe disposal options:
Qualifying Businesses:* Businesses that qualify for EnviroBusiness Days are those that meet the definition of a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) of hazardous waste. These are businesses that generate less than 220 pounds of hazardous waste per calendar month.
- Fact Sheet for Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators
- Handbook for Florida's Small Quantity Generators (2.5 MB)