Mobile Collection Events and the Haz-to-Go Truck are convenient ways to safely dispose and recycle chemicals and electronics, such as old computers, TVs, paint, fluorescent bulbs, and fertilizer. These events and collection sites are FREE to Pinellas County residents. Information For Businesses
Mobile Collection Events:
Available for 55+ communities of 300-1,000 residents.
Must be more than 5 miles away from HEC3 and scheduled Mobile Collection events.
- To schedule a Haz-to-Go event or obtain more information, call Solid Waste at 464-7500 or email email@example.com.
Mobile Collections and Haz-to-Go:
Quantity Limits per vehicle:
- Televisions: 6
- Computers: 5
- Fluorescent bulbs: 12
- Paint: 20 one-gallon and 5 five-gallon containers
- Oils and antifreeze: 5 gallons
- Gasoline, diesel, and kerosene: 5 five-gallon containers
Customers with quantities in excess of the limits above, or with electronics stripped of precious metals will be referred to the Business Collection Events. Loads will be evaluated upon arrival. Visit Business Electronics and Chemical Disposal for more information.
What to Bring:
- Electronics:Cell phones, computer towers/CPUs, drives (e.g. hard drives, CD drives), laptops, monitors, electronics with rechargeable batteries (if possible, remove battery from device, place device in garbage), smart phones, tablets, televisions (must be whole).
- Chemicals: Automotive fluids (including oil, antifreeze, and gasoline), fuels (e.g. kerosene), cooking oil, lawn and garden chemicals (e.g. pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers), paints (dried paints and empty cans should be disposed of in garbage), stains, paint thinner, solvents, wood preservatives, adhesives and epoxies, aerosols, cleaners, smoke detectors, rechargeable batteries (dispose of single-use batteries in trash), lead-acid batteries, and fluorescent bulbs.