Pinellas County Solid Waste announces a new fee for tires disposed at the Pinellas County Solid Waste facility. The new fee will be effective October 1, 2017. Information can be found below.
To drop off garbage at the disposal facility, residents and garbage trucks alike must go through the scalehouse. Scalehouse attendants will take your payment or charge your account and direct customers to the designated site to drop off their loads. All customers are required, at a minimum, to wear closed-toed shoes for safety reasons. See Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
Pinellas County Solid Waste Scalehouse:
3095 114th Ave. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33716
Hours: Monday-Friday 6 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed on Sundays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day
- Cover Your Load - brochure
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
- For questions about the disposal facility or Solid Waste site operations, call (727) 464-7500, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Disposal Fees and Information:
- Disposal Fee: $37.50 per ton (includes yard waste). Special fee for 5 or more tires (see below).
- Tire Disposal Fee: $50.50 per ton for 5 or more tires, effective
October 1, 2017.
- Mixed loads will be charged at this higher rate
- Tires up to 36" diameter accepted whole
- Tires over 36" diameter must be cut into quarters
- Up to 2 tires can be attached to a rim; all others must have rim removed
- No tractor trailer tires will be accepted
- Flat Rates (all others weigh in and out paying above per ton rates):
- Not available if any modifications have been made to the vehicle, including sidewalls
- Pickup trucks & vans: $10/load
- Passenger vehicles: $ 2/load
- Christmas trees only - up to 5: $ 3/load
- Special Fees:
- Load Search Fee: $100
- Special Service Fee: $100
- Fuel Containers:
- EMPTY fuel tanks and drums are accepted with one end opened
- EMPTY cylinders are accepted with valve removed
- Special Waste (such as asbestos, sludge, industrial/process waste, or contaminated soil) requires an appointment. Additional tests may be necessary. Call (727) 464-7500.
- Prohibited Items:
Payment Options:Non-Account Holding Customers:
Both the general public and businesses without accounts pay for their loads at the scalehouse. Flat rates for some pickup trucks, vans and passenger vehicles may be available. If a flat fee does not apply, vehicles are charged $37.50 per ton (and, as of October 1, 2017, $50.50 per ton for tires). A deposit is taken going in and the total is settled after unloading.
- Scalehouse - Cash and checks are accepted. Visa and MasterCard are accepted but cardholder must be in vehicle. No starter checks, out-of-state personal checks or two-party checks. Checks are made payable to Pinellas County Solid Waste.
Account Holding Customers:
Frequent, regular users of Solid Waste facilities may want to set up a payment account for more convenient billing and faster service. An escrow deposit (two months estimated tipping fee) is required. To set up an account, download the application packet here . Pinellas County Solid Waste does not offer automatic reoccurring payment options at this time; payments must be made individually. Account holding customers make payments by mail or at the administration building. Though customers can view their accounts online, we do not take payments online, over the phone or at the scalehouse.
- Mail - Customers with accounts may mail check or money order payments to the address listed above. Credit card payment is not accessible by mail.
- Administration Building - Account-holding customers can make payments at the Solid Waste Administration Building Monday-Friday,
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Cash, checks, Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Credit card payments are limited to under $1,000 at a time.