Environment / Nature
Information on air and water quality, environmental issues, ways to appreciate nature.
- Air Quality: Index-daily readings, health effects, rules & regulations/codes, get an air permit, asbestos, notification requirements
- Coastal Management: Barrier islands and inlets, beach nourishment, key projects,
dune restoration, sea turtle & manatee protection, RESTORE Act Plan
- Green Pinellas: Highlights the actions of county government to promote a greener, more sustainable environment.
- Landfill / Recycling: Information on the landfill, Waste-to-Energy facility and recycling programs.
- Parks, Preserves and Managed Areas: Brooker Creek Preserve, Mobbly Bayou Preserve, Shell Key Preserve, Weedon Island Preserve, parks, Florida Botanical Gardens, Heritage Village, Pinellas Trail Guide
Watershed Management: Watershed planning, water quality monitoring, stormwater runoff, regulatory programs, dock / dredge fill permits and applications, mangrove trimming and regulations, fish kills, red tide, algae blooms, fertilizer information for residents and professionals.
- Urban Forestry: The care and management of the tree populations in urban settings for the purpose of improving the urban environment.
File a Complaint:
- Managed Species : includes
- Beach-Nesting Shorebirds
- Birds of Fort De Soto
- Coyotes - Coyote
- Florida Imperiled Species
- Florida's Nonnative Species
- Florida Species Field Guide
- Invasive Plant Management
- Living with Wildlife
Awareness / Sightings - About Manatees
- Sea Turtle Monitoring - About Sea Turtles
- IFAS - Wildlife : includes mammals,
reptiles & amphibians, insects, landscaping for wildlife, wildlife/human conflict, wildlife and agriculture
For more information or questions: