Environment / Nature
Information on air and water quality, environmental issues, and ways to appreciate nature.
- Air Quality: Index-daily readings, health effects, rules & regulations/codes, get an air permit, asbestos, notification requirements
- Coastal Management: Barrier islands and inlets, beach nourishment, key projects,
dune restoration, sea turtle & manatee protection, RESTORE Act Plan
- Green Pinellas: Highlights the actions of county government to promote a greener, more sustainable environment.
- Parks, Preserves and Managed Areas: Brooker Creek Preserve, Mobbly Bayou Preserve, Shell Key Preserve, Weedon Island Preserve, parks, Florida Botanical Gardens, Heritage Village, Pinellas Trail Guide
- Recycling / Disposal: Information on the landfill, Waste-to-Energy facility, recycling programs and household electronics and chemical collections. Tampa Bay Recycles!
Watershed Management: Watershed planning, water quality monitoring, stormwater runoff, regulatory programs, dock / dredge fill permits and applications, mangrove trimming and regulations, fish kills, red tide, algae blooms, Adopt-a-Pond, fertilizer information for residents and professionals.
- Urban Forestry and Landscape Services: Responsible for the maintenance and management of urban tree populations in unincorporated areas within the county, as well as the turf and other vegetation in county maintained right of ways and medians for the purposes of both sustaining and improving the quality and appearance of the county’s urban environment.
File a Complaint:
- Managed Species : includes
- Beach-Nesting Shorebirds
- Birds of Fort De Soto
- Coyotes - Coyote
- Florida Imperiled Species
- Florida's Non-native Species
- Florida Species Field Guide
- Invasive Plant Management
- Living with Wildlife
Awareness / Sightings - About Manatees
- Sea Turtle Monitoring - About Sea Turtles
- IFAS - Wildlife : includes mammals,
reptiles & amphibians, insects, landscaping for wildlife, wildlife/human conflict, wildlife and agriculture
For more information or questions: