Take a “virtual dive” of the Pinellas County artificial reefs by viewing our photos and videos.
- View photos on Flickr, donated by local divers.
- Reef Program Overview (5 min.)
- Visit St. Petersburg/Clearwater - features videos of several artificial reef sites including Veteran's and Clearwater reefs.
- Pinellas Bayway Bridge features unique video angles of debris placed at Pinellas South Reef (4:51 min.)
- How is a reef created?
Watch the sinking of a tug boat and the placement of other reef materials.
- What does an artificial reef look like?
See underwater photos of reefs and marine life.
Adobe Flash Player is required to view the photo shows. Click here to download the free video software.
Sumit Your Photo --- Submission Specifications:
Do you have an underwater photo of a Pinellas County reef site that you would like to share? If so, send your photo for possible posting online at our Pinellas County Flickr account .
- No size restricts. Photos posted will be resized by Flickr and high resolution pictures that are submitted will be available to the public to use.
- Please name the photo appropriately, such as “veterans-reef” or “dunedin-reef-kingfish”.
- Sorry, no copy righted pictures will be posted.
PHOTO RELEASE: I hereby consent to and authorize the use and reproduction by Pinellas County, or anyone authorized by Pinellas County, of the attached photograph(s) taken by me, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation.
If you agree to the above photo release, please send your photo as an email attachment to Pinellas County Reef Program. If the photo is selected for web posting, you will be notified via email. For questions, contact (727) 464-7500 or email.