Future Land Use and Zoning Information
How to apply for future land use changes, zoning changes, development agreements, and type 3 uses:
- Applicants are encouraged (but not required) to call or visit the Land Use and Zoning Division to review the proposal.
- Complete the required zoning application and file with the County (pay filing fees – once application is advertised, fees cannot be returned).
- Complete the Type 3 Use Application .
- Development Review Committee (DRC) - the DRC reviews the proposal to help facilitate staff’s development of recommendations.
- Local Planning Agency (LPA) public hearing – the LPA is tasked with ensuring consistency with the Comprehensive Plan and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Board of County Commissioners public hearing – the Board has the final authority on decisions (unless they involve State Areas of Critical Concern).
How to apply for variance requests and type 2 uses:
Return to top