Shell Key Preserve - Camping Information & Permit
Obtaining a Permit:
Camping permits are available at no cost to campers. Shell Key Camping Permit does not include the Fort De Soto boat ramp & parking fee. Boat ramp fee is a separate permit. Overnight parking is allowed at the Fort De Soto boat ramp only. Any user parking at North Beach and Arrowhead Picnic areas are subject to a parking citation. Permittee must possess valid photo identification along with their valid, signed camping permit or electronic permit while camping. To be considered valid, a permit must:
- Include complete and accurate camper information that has been received by the Fort De Soto Campground Office.
- Conform to restrictions regarding the maximum party size and maximum number of consecutive days.
- Acknowledge that all members of the party will abide by the rules by checking the "I agree" box.
- Follow Shell Key Preserve Rules
- New camping rule! - Campfires and other open fires are permitted in the designated camping area only, from October 1 through April 30. No campfires allowed from May 1 through September 30 due to turtle nesting. Violations will result in a $118 fine.
(available 24/7 days a week)
FAX (available 24/7 days a week)
Mail (must be received at least 5 days in advance of desired camping date)