The Parks and Conservation Resources administrative office is located at 12520 Ulmerton Road in Largo. Fort De Soto campsite reservations and all park shelter reservations can also be made online or at this office.
Make a reservation online:
All campground hold back sites that are available for the Thanksgiving weekend will be released on Wednesday morning, November 26, 2014, at 7 a.m. for four (4) nights (Wednesday through Saturday). There will not be any hold back sites available on Thursday, Friday or Saturday mornings.
- A 238-site family camping area with facilities including picnic tables, grills, water, electricity, washers, dryers, sanitary disposal stations, modern restrooms, showers, play areas, and a camp store. Special camp sites for camping with pets.
Attention Ft. De Soto Campers
The walk-in site practice is being revised.
The new camp office hours on Fridays will be from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Ft. De Soto campers no longer have to wait in line in front of the camp office to try and reserve a walk-in camp site. We are changing to a hold-back system where 10% of the campsites will become available every Friday morning at 7 a.m. Hold-back sites will be secured either online beginning at 7 a.m. or any remaining sites will be secured in person at the Camp Office after 9 a.m. Sites can be reserved up to seven (7) days.
- Campsite map, rates, rules and information
- Campground Store: (727) 866-9191
For cancellations call (727) 582-2267.
|Primitive Youth Camping at Fort De Soto Park
We accept reservations and can accommodate up to 90 people, by phone, up to three months in advance. There is no charge. You may call (727) 582-2267 between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday – Friday, closed Saturday, Sunday, & holidays. The area is very popular and is usually booked exactly three months in advance. Call at 9 a.m. if you plan to reserve.
|Primitive Camping at Shell Key Preserve:
Please respect and appreciate the wonderful natural resource of Shell Key Preserve. Shell Key Preserve is a sensitive environmental area and good stewardship is required to ensure that the islands and waterways remain intact for future generations. Through your actions, Shell Key Preserve can remain a welcoming place for generations to come.
A "leave no trace" camping ethic is expected at all times from visitors to the preserve. Access to Shell Key is by watercraft only. There are no facilities at Shell Key Preserve, and campers are required to bring, use, and remove portable toilets. Camping is allowed only in the southern Public Use Area. Within this designated area, there are no defined campsites so visitors are free to select a camping location of their choice. Alcohol, pets, littering, nudity, fireworks and excessive noise are prohibited at all times in the Preserve.
|Primitive Youth Camping at Wall SpringsPark:
- Wall Springs Park Youth Camping permit application
This permit application and reservation confirmation number should be in the possession of the person in charge of your group on the
day of occupancy. It is your responsibility to see that all members of your group are informed and adhere to the campground rules.
- Youth camp capacity is 30 people. A youth group is defined as a recognized non-profit organization of young people 17 years of age and under with adult chaperone at a ratio of one (1) adult for every 12 young people.
- A qualified scoutmaster, leader or counselor over 21 years of age or older must be on site and is responsible for the actions and behavior of the group.
- It is the responsibility of the leader to contact park staff to obtain the gate code.
- Campers are restricted to the designated youth camping area between sundown and sun-up.
- A meeting must be arranged in advance with the park ranger to review and approve details. At that time, a key for the entry gate will be provided. It is the responsibility of the leader to return the key to park staff at the end of your stay.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 911. Someone should proceed to the maintenance gate to direct the rescue personnel. The address for the maintenance entrance gate is 3965 DeSoto Blvd., Palm Harbor, FL 34683.
- The department reserves the right to make inspections of the camping area at any time.
- Campfires must be confined to the fire pit.
- The camping area is designated for tent camping only.
- All vehicles except equipment trailers must be parked outside of the camp area in spaces provided.
- Pinellas County Code Chapter 90 prohibits consumption of alcoholic beverages in all Pinellas County parks. This is strictly enforced.
- Wall Springs Park will provide a confirmation number prior to arrival.