Great care was given to the restoration of the land’s natural habitat during the park’s development. One key feature is a wetlands section on the western side of the park which has been restored with 100 percent native plants. The park is home to fox squirrels, numerous bird species, gopher tortoises and water turtles.
In keeping with the tradition of the land’s former use, much of the park’s amenities were built with a citrus grove theme. These include:
- 6 picnic shelters
- 3 restrooms
- dog park - follow dog park rules
- A paved 12-foot wide recreation trail
- Numerous shell paths for walking and enjoying nature
- 2,000 feet of boardwalks over restored wetlands
- Catch and release fishing permitted from designated areas only, no bank fishing allowed.