Honoring military veterans is the focal point at this park with a landscaped Memorial Center featuring five plaques with official armed forces flags that commemorates each of the military branches of the United States. As of Memorial Day 2015, the Memorial Center is home to a Battlefield Cross Monument honoring Pinellas County’s fallen military service members who died during the Gulf War Era. Eighteen names appear on two plaques beneath the Battlefield Cross. Also featured at the Memorial Center is an equatorial sundial. It was engineered exactly for the latitude and longitude of this site. The dial is made of granite and the gnomon (pronounced NO-mun).
The Army tank at the park is a 4-man tank of the Korean War era (also known as the "Walker Bulldog" for Gen. Walter Walker) from Letterkenny Army Depot in Chambersburg, PA, manufactured in 1953 by Cadillac/GMC. US Rep. Wm. C. Cramer acquired this surplus 45,000-pound tank in 1970 for display at the park.
- boat ramp (fee charged)
- nature trail
- historic interest
Restroom UpdateAs an additional cost-saving measure, some restrooms in county parks are closed weekdays. However, facilities near most popular user areas remain open during all hours of park operation. All restrooms in county parks will be open on weekends. See park diagram for details
- five shelters & grills - Reserve Shelters Online