Wall Springs Park
A historical, natural spring, once used as a spa and bathing area, complete with a viewing area, boardwalk and information display serves as the centerpiece of this 210 acre park that is connected to the Pinellas Trail.
The fun continues in the park with a covered, barrier-free playground, boardwalks, nature trails and a 35-foot observation tower for a scenic view of the Gulf of Mexico. Look for wildlife like squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, reptiles and birds that live around Boggy Bayou.
- bike racks
- boardwalk, nature trail
- educational and informational
- fishing - saltwater license
- historic interest
- multi-purpose trail
- observation tower
- playground equipment
- 5 picnic shelter & grills - reserve
The property in and around "Wall Springs" was purchased by Charles F. Wall on February 28, 1884 and remained in his family until May 17, 1927 when the property was sold to Harry W. Davis.
|Facts & Information on the Spring:
The spring became known as "Wall Springs" during ownership by the Wall family. Once the property was sold to the Davis family the spring became known as "Health Springs" and was used as a health spa. When the property was purchased by the Cullen Family on February 6, 1948 the spring name changed back to "Wall Springs" and the area was used as a recreational area until the mid - 1960's.
The spring and adjoining pond were used as a spa & bathing area from the turn of the 20th century until the mid 1960's.
Pinellas County began acquiring the Wall Springs property in 1988, with the initial purchase of approximately 63 acres which included the spring and surrounding area.
Pinellas County has continued to
acquire additional property since their initial purchase with the most recent acquisitions having been made in December 2008 and April, 2009. Wall Springs is now approximately 210 acres in total size.