This beautiful park has two distinct areas—a beach and a park. In the park proper are two picnic shelters with grills, a playground, restroom, and a dog park. Grills, picnic tables, and water fountains are but a few amenities.
A salt marsh with viewing benches further enhances the park where heron, roseate spoonbill, great horned owl, anhinga, and common moorhen nest and feed.
- boardwalk, nature trail
- 2 beach wheelchairs
- outdoor showers
- 2 bath houses with separate changing stalls and restrooms
- Pay Stations will require entry of vehicle tag number
- Only accepts Credit Card payments - Visa or Mastercard
- Receipts must be displayed on dash to avoid enforcement action
- Beach Parking Permit - Automated pay stations with daily parking fees of $5. Annual beach parking passes are available.
- dog park
- playground equipment
- 2 shelters with grills
- umbrella and cabana rentals
- During life guard season - request one from the guard on duty.
- Off season - call 582-2100 and scheduled a time. The Chief Park Ranger will be notified that someone is requesting a beach wheelchair. They will make every effort to be there when needed, but we can't guarantee it since they serve multiple park sites.
- No road closures at this time.
Beach Weddings / Special Events - All Commercial and Non-Commercial weddings located on the beach at Sand Key must be processed though our vendor, which is Bon Appetit Group, Inc. Additional fees will apply.
- Bon Appetit Group, Inc.
Phone: (727) 260-5503 and select option #3
- Please Note: It is important to call this vendor even if you want a wedding with just a few people on the beach. The vendor will know what event is already scheduled on the beach; so as not to disrupt a scheduled wedding. Weddings held at a picnic shelter in Sand Key Park are not required to contact the vendor UNLESS they are going to take pictures on the beach, in which case the vendor must be notified. Weddings held at a picnic shelter require the submittal of a Wedding Application.
Picnic Shelter & Green Space Weddings / Special Events - Individuals and organizations that wish to conduct a special event or wedding at a Pinellas County park, including the picnic shelters and other green space in the park, must submit a Special Event Permit Application or a Wedding Application. Please call Parks and Conservation Resources at (727) 582-2100 for more information.