PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Mark and Stephanie Ginn for a Portion of an Easement on Lot 269, Ridgewood Groves - Unit Nine Subdivision
2. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Knute E. Cover for a Portion of an Easement on Lot 18R, Block G, Yacht Club Estates
3. Proposed Resolution Correcting Scrivener’s Error in Resolution 08-24 (Companion Item No. 9a )
4. Water and Navigation Applications
a. Dredge and Fill Application DF1917-08/Revised Submitted by Orange Street Property Management, LLC, 105 Orange Street, Smith Bayou, Ozona
b. Commercial Dock Application CD39031-08 Submitted by John Lesousky / Pinnacle Construction of Fort Lauderdale, Inc., 8800 Bay Pines Boulevard, Boca Ciega Bay, St. Petersburg
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Nick Fritsch, Clearwater, re widening of 102nd Avenue.
Hamilton Hanson, St. Petersburg, re Rays Stadium.
Jimmy Dean, Largo, re Rays.
Mark Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
Greg Pound, Largo, re Pinellas County family.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
Amended 5. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 22, 2008
a. Report of Expenses Incurred Under Incentives, Awards, and Recruitment Ordinance for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2008
b. Continuing Bond Disclosure Report Dated April 30, 2008, Pursuant to Rule 15c2-12 of the Securities and Exchange Commission for: $104,795,000 Sewer Revenue and Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 1998; $86,580,000 Sewer Revenue Bonds, Series 2003; $25,205,000 Sewer Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2006; $155,520,000 Capital Improvement Revenue Bonds, Series 2000; and $26,620,000 Capital Improvement Revenue Bonds, Series 2002
c. Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court Budget Request for Non-Court Related Expenditures for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2008-2009
d. City of Tarpon Springs, Florida, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the FY Ended September 30, 2007
e. Dock Fee Report for the Month of April 2008
7. Vouchers and Bills Paid
8. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue District Resolution No. 2008-05 Adopted March 18, 2008, Amending the 2007/2008 Budget
b. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 6 Dated March 20, 2008, and Financial Statement for the Month of February 2008
9. Approval to Accept Plats for Recording with:
a. Stephen P. and Janet O’Harrow for Sutherland Sound Estates (Companion Item No. 3)
b. John Hodges for Hodges Corner and First Tampa Hidden Bayou, LLC and First Tampa Development Corporation for Hidden Bayou Townhomes Block 40 Replat
10. Approval of a Cooperative Funding Agreement with Southwest Florida Water Management District for the Ultra Low Flow Toilet Rebate Program
11. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Expenditure of Public Funds Pursuant to Pinellas County Ordinance No. 00-16 in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $15,000.00 for Expenses Related to the Hiring of a Building and Development Review Services Director (County Administrator)
12. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the Pinellas County School Board for Local Emergency Management during a Natural or Technological Disaster (Emergency Management)
13. Approval of Amendment No. 5 to the Contract for Law Enforcement Services with the City of Dunedin and the Sheriff Retroactive to October 1, 2007 (Justice and Consumer Services)
14. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Contract for Law Enforcement Services with the City of Indian Rocks Beach and the Sheriff Retroactive to October 1, 2007 (Justice and Consumer Services)
15. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2008 General Fund for the State of Florida Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Program (Management and Budget)
16. Adoption of Nine Resolutions and Tax Exemption Covenants Granting Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions for Historic Properties Located in the City of St. Petersburg (Planning)
17. Approval of a Quit Claim Deed with Easement Reservation with Florida Power Corporation, d/b/a Progress Energy Florida, Inc., for Conveyance of a Sidewalk (Real Estate Management)
18. Approval of a Lease Agreement with Eric Bennett for a Studio Apartment Located at 113 110th Avenue, St. Pete Beach (Real Estate Management)
19. Approval of a Consent to Release of Land from Restrictive Covenant in Favor of Hubbard Properties, LLC for Two Parcels of Land Located in the City of Madeira Beach (Real Estate Management)
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 20. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
21. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the Pinellas County School Board for Construction of Joint-Use Recreation Fields on the Southeast Corner of Keystone and East Lake Roads (Culture, Education, and Leisure)
22. Adoption of a Resolution Approving Consent Order A08-025 with Linger Longer Mobile H.P. LLC as Final Settlement of an Environmental Enforcement Case (Environmental Management)
23. Approval of the Second Amendment to Agreement with Southwest Florida Water Management District and the City of Oldsmar for Mobbly Bayou Wilderness Preserve Habitat Restoration and Design (Environmental Management)
24. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement for Consultant Engineering Services with Coastal Planning & Engineering, Inc. for the Sand Key Beach Renourishment Project (Environmental Management)
None 25. Other Administrative Matters
26. Approval of Authority for County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Colonial Bank, N.A. v. Atlantis West Development, LLC – Circuit Civil Case No. 08-6208-CI-07 – Mortgage Foreclosure Involving Utility Liens
b. Beaver K. Gamble Appeal from a Determination Denying Unemployment Compensation – Case No. 2008-27904U
27. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Case of Ken Burke, Clerk of the Circuit Court v. Benjamin Burch – Counterfeit Check
28. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Proposed Amendment to the County’s Human Rights Ordinance, which is Codified at Chapter 70 of the Pinellas County Code
29. Approval of a Settlement in Joan Harris v. Pinellas County Government – Workers’ Compensation Date of Accident: February 1, 2000
None 30. Miscellaneous
E. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
31. Mr. Marquis provided an update on the search for a new County Administrator.
F. COUNTY COMMISSION
32. Approval of an Appointment to the WorkNet Board of Directors
|a. Commissioner Seel
||congratulated Communications staff on hurricane guide; thanked Representative Rick Kriseman and Senator Mike Fesano regarding their efforts in toughening crosswalk legislation.
|b. Commissioner Morroni
||William Davis, Director of Environmental Management, provided an update regarding the Manatee Protection Act.
|c. Commissioner Welch
||reported on his attendance at the May 30, 2008, Raytheon Public Hearing and the May 29, 2008, Consolidated Justice Information System (CJIS) User Policy Board meeting.
|d. Commissioner Stewart
||related that “Doctor Beach” has ranked Caladesi Island as the nation’s top beach; observed graduation of drug court participants; provided dates regarding upcoming meetings.
11:24 A.M. ADJOURNMENT