PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
A. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
Any Person Wishing to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card and Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Procedure Used by the BCC in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The BCC Will Then Hear Comments from the Proponents Followed by Comments from the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the BCC Will Decide on the Matter. Please Refer to the Back of Your Agenda Copy for More Details on Guidelines for Time Limitations and Opportunities to Speak.
1. Any Person Who Has Been Authorized to Represent an Organization with Five (5) or More Members or a Group of Five (5) or More Persons Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and Should Limit Their Presentation to Ten (10) Minutes. It is Expected that Others in the Organization or Group Will Waive Their Time.
2. Any Other Person Who Wishes to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes. The Chairman Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Mark and Marisa Callahan for a Portion of Drainage Easement Located in The Woods at Lake Seminole Unit One Subdivision
2. Water and Navigation Applications
a. Commercial Dock Application CC38908-08 Submitted by the City of Clearwater, Memorial Bridge Causeway, Clearwater, Clearwater Harbor
b. Dredge and Fill Application DF1908-08/Revised Submitted by Pirate’s Cove of Tampa Bay LLC and Gandy Center, LLC, Vacant Commercial Lots East of San Fernando Boulevard North and South of Monaco Drive, St. Petersburg, Snug Harbor
3. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Code Regarding Environmental Lands
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 08-21 - Pinellas County
0.6 Acre More of Less (MOL) Located at the Northeast Corner of Nebraska Avenue and Westlake Boulevard; Amendment from Residential Low to Residential/Office Limited
b. Case CW 08-22 – Pinellas County
0.6 Acre MOL Located at the North Side of 42nd Avenue North, 450 Feet East of 28th Street North; Amendment from Preservation and Water Drainage Feature to Residential Medium
a. Case CW 08-19 – City of St. Petersburg
0.3 Acre MOL Located at the Southeast Corner of 38th Avenue North and Ithaca Street North; Amendment from Planned Redevelopment-Residential to Residential/Office General
b. Case CW 08-20 – City of Oldsmar
14.0 Acres MOL Located West of State Road 580, South of St. Clair Avenue; Amendment from Residential Urban to Residential Medium and Residential/Office General
B. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Any Person Wishing to Speak at This Time, Excluding Non-Public Hearing Items on the Agenda or Issues Previously Acted on by the BCC, Must Have a Yellow Card Completed and Given to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Chair Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard. Each Speaker May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes.
Nicholas Fritsch, Clearwater, re widening 102nd Avenue.
Greg Pound, Largo, re families.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
6. Approval of Minutes – None
a. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2008-02 Dated April 3, 2008 – Follow-Up Review to Audit of Ambulance Service Contract
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2008-03 Dated April 3, 2008 – Follow-Up Review to Audit of Brooker Creek Preserve, Environmental Education Center, Department of Environmental Management
c. City of Belleair Beach Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Fiscal Year (FY) Ended September 30, 2007
d. City of Oldsmar Community Redevelopment Agency 2006-07 Annual Report
e. City of Seminole, Florida, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the FY Ended September 30, 2007
f. Snug Harbor Center Community Development District Proposed
Operating Budget for FY 2009 and Resolutions No. 2008-09 and 2008-10 Adopted March 27, 2008, Setting a Public Hearing and Approving the Proposed Budget for the Remainder of FY 2008 and for FY 2009, Respectively
g. Pinellas Park Water Management District Annual Financial Report
of Units of Local Government, FY 2006/2007, and Independent Auditors Report
h. Southwest Florida Water Management District Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY Ended September 30, 2007
i. Dock Fee Report for the Month of March 2008
j. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from January 1, 2008 through March 31, 2008
8. Vouchers and Bills Paid
9. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Largo Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 2008-34 Held May 6, 2008, Annexing Certain Property
b. City of Oldsmar Notice of Public Hearings Regarding Ordinances Nos. 2008-10 through 2008-12 Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearings Held May 6, 2008
c. Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue Resolution No. 2008-03 Adopted March 18, 2008, Superseding Resolution No. 2007-07 Establishing a Life Safety/Fire Inspection Fee, Effective April 1, 2008
d. City of Seminole Ordinances Nos. 02-2008 through 09-2008 and No. 12-2008 Effective March 25, 2008, Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property
e. Correspondence from City of St. Petersburg Terminating Interlocal Planning Agreement with Pinellas County Effective April 16, 2008
10. Approval of Acceptance of Contract as Complete, Release of Retainage, and Change Orders:
a. No. 1 Final to the Option of Renewal with Purvis Curbs Corporation for Annual Countywide Sidewalk and Americans with Disabilities Act Ramp Repair and Replacement FY 2006-2008
Mr. Marquis noted that the agenda should read “...FY 2006-2007.”
b. No. 2 Final with Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for Alligator Creek Channel “B” Phase II
11. Approval of a Sole Source Purchase with Clarke Mosquito Control Products, Inc. for Mosquito Control Products
12. Approval of a Sole Source Purchase with Telvent Farradyne Inc. for Advanced Traffic Management System/Intelligent Transportation System (ATMS/ITS) MIST Software
13. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement for Consultant Services with Kisinger Campo & Associates, Corp. for 20th Avenue Southeast from Lake Avenue to Starkey Road
14. Approval of an Award of Bid to Weatherford Engineered Chemistry for Reclaimed and Virgin Methanol Fuel
15. Approval of an Award of Bid to Tampa Contracting Services, Inc. for Lake Seminole Alum Injection (Environmental Management)
16. Approval of FY 2008 Budget Amendment No. 10 (Management and Budget) (Companion Item No. 17a)
17. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a
Particular Purpose in the FY 2008: (Management and Budget)
a. Emergency Communications #E911 System Fund Budget for Call Center Equipment and an Emergency Generator for the Supervisor of Elections Building (Companion Item No. 16)
b. Capital Projects Fund for T-Mobile Cash Settlement Funds
Related to the Hospital Microwave System
18. Approval of a First Amendment to Interlocal Agreement with Various Municipalities Relating to Distribution of Monies Derived from Imposition of the Local Option Gas Tax (Management and Budget)
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 19. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
20. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Oldsmar for ATMS/ITS and Roadway Transfer Agreement (RTA) to Transfer Traffic Control Authority
21. Approval of RTAs with the Cities of Largo, Pinellas Park, and Tarpon Springs for the Transfer of Traffic Control Authority for Specified Roadway Segments
22. Approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement for Professional Consulting Engineering and Architectural Services with Ranon & Partners, Inc. for the Pinellas County Jail Complex Master Plan
23. Adoption of a Resolution Providing for Reimbursement of Future Tax-Exempt Financing and Additional Projects Funded by Pinellas County Sewer Revenue Bonds, Series 2003 (Companion Item Nos. 26a and 26b)
24. Approval of Change Order Nos. 3, 4, and 5, FY 2008 and FY 2009 Expenditures, and Contract Term Extension-Radio System Migration to Project 25 Compliance and Data Expansion with Motorola, Inc. (Emergency Communications)
25. Approval of a Lease Agreement with Meridian-HRCF Sunplex, LLC for Office Space for the Sheriff’s Office, Court Processing Section (Facility Management
26. Adoption of Resolutions Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose for Various Large Projects in the FY 2008: (Management and Budget) (Companion Item No. 23)
a. Sewer Construction Fund, Series 2003
b. Sewer Renewal and Replacement Fund
27. Adoption of a Resolution Declaring County-Owned Real Property Surplus and Authorize its Conveyance to the City of Clearwater for an Educational Native Plant Pocket Park (Real Estate Management)
28. Other Administrative Matters
Legislative Update by Assistant County Administrator Elithia V. Stanfield and Manager of Intergovernmental Relations Sally Everett.
None 29. Miscellaneous
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
30. Adoption of a Joint Resolution with the Pinellas Planning Council Regarding Development Agreements
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
31. Adoption of a Resolution Amending Rate Increases for Sunstar Ambulance Transports
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
32. Tampa Bay Estuary Program Update
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
|a. Commissioner Duncan
||reminded the Board of the TBARTA “Pinellas County Tour” meeting to be held in the PSTA Board Room on May 7 from 1 to 4 PM.
b. Commissioner Seel requested update on recent Homeless Leadership Network meeting; Commissioner Duncan provided information re Pinellas Hope – no formal proposal has been made at this time.
|c. Commissioner Morroni
||related that Council Member Peter Hofstra made a motion to name a City of Seminole park after Chairman Stewart; park will be named “Ridgewood Groves Park.”
||Reported on his attendance at the Pinellas Park Water Management District meeting. Mr. Marquis offered to forward Utilities Director applications to the District to assist in their search to replace retiring Executive Director Richard Fraze.
|d. Commissioner Harris
||indicated that he represented the Board at an Eagle Scout ceremony for a Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) member; noted that two YAC members are Eagle Scouts; and acknowledged their achievement.
|e. Chairman Stewart
||announced that the Friends of Weedon Island will hold its annual meeting at the preserve on May 17 at 10 AM, followed by a free picnic; and related that a 40-foot canoe artifact was unearthed at the preserve.
||Requested a volunteer to serve on the MPO Bayway Bridge Task Force; Commissioner Morroni appointed (Motion by Commissioner Latvala, seconded by Commissioner Duncan, and carried).
34. ADJOURNMENT – 11:44 A.M.