|AGENDA – Regular Public Meeting||Pinellas County|
|Board of County Commissioners (BCC)|
|3:10 P.M.||December 16, 2003|
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCEto the Flag of the United States of America
b. Southwest Florida Water Management District Five-Year Capital Improvements Plan Dated November 7, 2003, and Proposed Five-Year Water Resource Development Work Program (Draft) Dated October 28, 2003.
a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Commission Hearing and Prehearing Regarding Intrastate Network Access and Basic Local Telecommunication Rates Held December 10, 2003, and November 24, 2003, Respectively, in Tallahassee.
b. Correspondence from the City of Pinellas Park Regarding Five Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property and One Ordinance De-Annexing a Road Right-of-Way; Public Hearings to be Held December 18, 2003.
B. REGULAR AGENDA
None 13. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County
Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
14. Approval of Change Order No. 2 with Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for the Keene Road (Phase IB) from Drew Street to Sunset Point Road Project.
15. Approval of Real Property Acquisition at 775 Bamboo Drive South, St. Petersburg, for the Bear Creek Capital Improvement Project.
16. Approval of a Recommendation to Declare Parcel F002 a Portion of County-Owned Land as Surplus, for the Purpose of Exchanging it for Parcel F005 a Portion of Privately-Owned Land Located at 14835 - 49th Street North, and Approval of Authority to Advertise this Exchange.
17. Approval of Agreements for Professional Services for Subsurface Utility Locating Engineering Services with George F. Young, Inc. and TBE Group, Inc.
18. Approval of Agreements for Professional Services for Ongoing Land Surveying and Mapping Services with Cumbey & Fair, Inc., Florida Design Consultants, Inc., George F. Young, Inc. and TBE Group, Inc.
19. Approval of Agreements for Ongoing Design Professional Services with Canerday, Belfsky and Arroyo Architects, Inc., Klar and Klar Architects, George F. Young, Inc., Mason Blau and Associates, Inc., GLE-CBB, Inc., and Plisko Architecture, P.A.
20. Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement for Construction Administration Engineering and Inspection Services with Parsons Brinckerhoff Construction Services, Inc. for the Bryan Dairy Road Project.
21. Approval of Amendment No. 4 to the Construction Agreement with Peter R. Brown Construction, Inc. for the St. Petersburg Judicial Building Renovations.
22. Approval of the Authorization to Advertise for a Public Information Meeting on the Draft Final Preliminary Engineering Report for the 46th Avenue North Reconstruction Project between 80th Street North and 62nd Street North.
23. Approval of Change Order No. 1 (Final) to the Agreement with HDR Design-Build Inc., for Fat/Oil/Grease Receiving and Dewatering Facility Construction Management at Risk Services and Release of Retainage.
24. Approval of Change Order No. 1 to the Contract with Kamminga & Roodvoets, Inc. for Sanitary Sewer Repair, Rehabilitation and Extensions Annual Contract 2003.
25. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Contract with Keep Pinellas Beautiful, Inc. for the Adopt-A-Mile/Adopt-A-Pond Program.
26. Approval of Request for Release of Funds and Certification to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for the Construction of a Marine and Education Facility at Cunningham Key (Community Development).
27. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Actions of the Pinellas County Housing Finance Authority Concerning the Issuance of $250,000,000 Single Family Mortgage Revenue Notes, Series 2004 (Community Development/Housing Finance Authority).
28. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Issuance by the Pinellas County Housing Finance Authority of the Application for Tax-Exempt Bond Financing of Alta Largo Apartments, a Multifamily Residential Rental Housing Project (Community Development/Housing Finance Authority).
29. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A3111754845 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industries Tax Refund Program for Fiscal Years 2005-2009 (Economic Development).
30. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A3112051194 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industries Tax Refund Program for Fiscal Years 2005-2010 (Economic Development).
31. Approval of an Award of Bid for Gasoline and Diesel Fuel (Delivery) to Various Vendors (General Services).
32. Approval of the Second Amendment to the Lease Agreement with Stein and Williams, LLP, f/k/a Stein, Ford, Schaaf, Towzey, LLP (General Services).
33. Adoption of a Resolution Supplementing the Fiscal Year 2004 General Fund Budget for a Laptop Interoperability Grant for the Sheriff's Department (Management and Budget).
34. Approval of the Agreement with the Juvenile Welfare Board for the Youth as Resources Grant Program for Fiscal Year 2004 (Park/Cooperative Extension).
35. Approval of a Final Negotiated Contract for Collection, Transportation, Storage, and Auction Services of Miscellaneous Surplus Equipment and Vehicles (Non-Internet) with Tampa Machinery Auction, Inc. (Purchasing).
36. Other Administrative Matters:
a. Approval of the Clearwater Downtown Redevelopment Plan (Planning).
b. Approval of lease form for gift shop at Brooker Creek Preserve, establish minimum bid and authorize Purchasing Department to advertise.
37. Authority for the County Attorney to Defend:
a. Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corp. v. Chris DiSalvatore, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 03-8758-CI-13 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Street Lighting Lien.
b. Jeanette Woods v. Pinellas County - Circuit Civil Case No. 03-8653-CI-7 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries Due to a Sidewalk Trip and Fall.
38. Adoption of a Resolution to Initiate the Chapter 164, Florida Statutes Conflict Resolution Procedure Prior to Prosecuting a Previously Filed Petition for Writ of Certiorari Against the City of Largo.
39a. Mediated settlement agreement re ACS State and Local Solutions, Inc.f/k/a Lockheed Martin IMS Corp. versus Pinellas WAGES Coalition, et al, Circuit Civil Case No. 01-9324-CI-21
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
40. Approval of a Continuing Medical Education Agreement with the St. Petersburg College.
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
42. Approval of Appointments to the Pinellas County Arts Council.
43. Approval of Appointments to Various Boards and Committees by Individual Commissioners.
As amended 44. Approval of Chairman's Appointments to Various Boards
Commr. Morroni: Feather Sound issues
Commr. Harris: Water conservation tip
Commr. Latvala: Holiday lights display at Lake Seminole Park
Commr. Stewart: Transportation Impact Fee Task Force report; and Tampa Bay Water Update
Chairman Seel: Holiday lights at Botanical Gardens and Heritage Village
Person Wishing to Speak at this Time, Excluding
Non-Public Hearing Items on the Agenda or Issues
Previously Acted on by the Board of County Commissioners,
Must Have a Yellow Card Completed and Given to the
Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the
Front of the Board Room. The Chairman will Call
Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard.
Each Speaker May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes.
(1) Nick Guido, Indian Rocks, re State Statute 316.2065
(2) Chris Lauber, St. Petersburg, re Florida Gulf Beaches Halfathon
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
Any Person Wishing to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card and Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Procedure Used by the Board of County Commissioners in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The Board Will Then Hear Comments from the Proponents Followed by Comments from the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the Board of County Commissioners will Decide on the Matter.
1. Any Person Who Has been Authorized to Represent an Organization with Five (5) or More Members or a Group of Five (5) or More Persons Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and Should Limit Their Presentation to Ten (10) Minutes. It is Expected that Others in the Organization or Group will Waive Their Time.
2. Any Other Person who Wishes to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes. The Chairman will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard.
WATER AND NAVIGATION
Pursuant to the Provisions of Chapter 31182, Laws of Florida (1955), as Amended, it is the Policy of the Pinellas County Water & Navigation Control Authority that all Persons Giving Testimony on Matters Relating to Application for Dredge, Fill, or Dock Permits do so Under Oath. If You Wish to Make Statements or Give Testimony Concerning any of the Water & Navigation Items, Please be Prepared to Stand and Take the Oath When Requested to do so by the Clerk.
46. Multi-Use Dock Application M33171-03, Island Key Condominium, 692 Bayway Boulevard, Clearwater Harbor, Clearwater.
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY
Countywide Rules Amendment - Consideration of the Following Proposal to Amend the Adopted Rules Concerning the Administration of the Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
01/06/04 47.a. PPC Resolution No. 03-7.
Proposed Amendment to the Countywide Rules to Allow Residential Uses within the Industrial Limited Future Land Use Plan Category.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS - BCC
1 day per week 48. Proposed Ordinance Relating to Water Restrictions.
49. Proposed Amendments to the Transportation Element of the Pinellas County Comprehensive Plan.
50. Proposed Amendments/Updates to the Capital Improvements Element of the Pinellas County Comprehensive Plan.
51. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner:
Application of Rental Enterprises of Madeira, Inc., through Robert Spaeth and Sam Nastari, Representatives, for a Change of Zoning from C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services District to C-3, Commercial, Wholesale, Warehousing and Industrial Support on Approximately 0.358 Acre on the South Side of 46th Avenue North, 125 Feet East of 67th Street North (Parcel ID No. 06-31-16-00000-410-0800).
Application of American Housing Corporation through Stuart Cohen, Representative, for a Change of Zoning from R-6, Mobile Home Parks and Subdivisions to R-3, Single Family Residential on Approximately 0.138 Acre on the North Side of 109th Terrace North, 63 Feet East of 61st Street North (a/k/a 6087-109 Terrace North) (Parcel ID No. 17-30-16-33402-000-0890).
Application of David Leasing and Development, Inc., a Florida Corporation, through E. D. Armstrong, III, Esquire, Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, P.A., Representative, for a Change of Zoning from A-E, Agricultural Estate Residential to P-1A, Limited Office, a Change of Land Use from Residential Low to Residential/Office Limited and a Developer’s Agreement on Approximately 1.17 Acres on the South Side of Alderman Road, 535 Feet East of U.S. Highway 19 North (Parcel ID Nos. 31-27-16-00000-420-0100 and 31-27-16-00000-420-0140).