OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the
United States of America
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Any Person Wishing to Speak at This Time, Excluding Non-Public Hearing Items on the Agenda or Issues Previously Acted on by the BCC, Must Have a Yellow Card Completed and Given to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Chair Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard. Each Speaker May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes.
Mark P. Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Pennies for Palm Harbor.
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
Any Person Wishing to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card and Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Procedure Used by the BCC in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The BCC Will Then Hear Comments from the Proponents Followed by Comments from the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the BCC Will Decide on the Matter. Please Refer to the Back of Your Agenda Copy for More Details on Guidelines for Time Limitations and Opportunities to Speak.
1. Any Person Who Has Been Authorized to Represent an Organization with Five (5) or More Members or a Group of Five (5) or More Persons Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and Should Limit Their Presentation to Ten (10) Minutes. It is Expected that Others in the Organization or Group Will Waive Their Time.
2. Any Other Person Who Wishes to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes. The Chairman Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard.
WATER AND NAVIGATION CONTROL AUTHORITY PUBLIC HEARINGS
Pursuant to the Provisions of Chapter 31182, Laws of Florida (1955), as Amended, it is the Policy of the Pinellas County Water and Navigation Control Authority that all Persons Giving Testimony on Matters Relating to Application for Dredge, Fill, or Dock Permits do so Under Oath. If You Wish to Make Statements or Give Testimony Concerning Any of the Water and Navigation Items, Please be Prepared to Stand and Take the Oath When Requested to do so by the Clerk.
1. Multi-Use Dock Application M37512-06/Revised Submitted by Gandy Crest Townhomes LLC, 1160 Gandy Crest Drive, Master’s Bayou, St. Petersburg
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 06-46 – Seminole
.40 Acre Located Approximately 600 Feet West of Park Street and Approximately 1,000 Feet South of Sheen Drive; Amendment from Preservation to Commercial Limited
b. Case CW 06-47 – Largo
.80 Acre Located on the Northwest Corner of 142nd Avenue North and 63rd Street North; Amendment from Residential Low to Commercial General
c. Case CW 06-48 – Largo (to be Temporarily Deferred)
.10 Acre Located on the Southeast Corner of Roosevelt Boulevard and Westminister Avenue; Amendment from Residential Low Medium to Commercial General
3. REGULAR AMENDMENT - Case CW 06-44 – Largo
306.5 Acres Located along the East and West Sides of Clearwater-Largo Road, East of the Pinellas Trail, West of the CSX Railroad Tracks, South of South Fort Harrison Avenue, and North of 4th Avenue Northwest; Amendment from Residential Urban, Residential Urban with Water/Drainage Feature, Residential Low Medium, Residential Medium, Residential Medium with Water/Drainage Feature, Institutional, Water, Residential/Office General, Commercial General, Community Redevelopment District, Residential/Office/Retail, Industrial Limited, Recreation/Open Space, and Right-of-Way to Community Redevelopment District
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
4. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of November 7, 2006
a. Pinellas County Fiscal Year (FY) 2007 Executive Summary Budget
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2006-21 Dated November 16, 2006 - Audit of Brooker Creek Preserve Environmental Education Center, Department of Environmental Management, Together with The Audit Watch
c. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2006-22 Dated November 16, 2006 - Audit of Building Permits, Together with The Audit Watch
d. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from July 1, 2006 through September 30, 2006
6. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
7. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Ordinances Nos. 7677-06, 7689-06, 7692-06, 7695-06, 7698-06, 7701-06, 7704-06, and 7707-06 Adopted November 2, 2006, Annexing Certain Properties
b. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding One Ordinance Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held November 21, 2006
c. Eastlake Oaks Community Development District Minutes of Meeting Held August 10, 2006
d. Public Official Bonds for Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue District Commissioners Thomas H. Hafner and James G. Mortellite
e. Public Official Bonds for Palm Harbor Special Fire Control and Rescue District Commissioners Neil A. Bookspan and Julie A. Peluso
f. One Item Relating to Dock, Pier and Wharf Construction Contract Bonds
8. Approval to Accept and Record a Plat
9. Approval of FY 2006 Budget Amendment No. 40 (Management and Budget)
10. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Write-Offs for Accounting Purposes Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval Pursuant to Resolution No. 05-61 from April 5, 2005 through September 30, 2006 (Management and Budget)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Authority
11. Approval of Renewal of Certificates of Public Convenience and Necessity for:
a. Wheelchair Transport Providers
b. Advanced Life Support (ALS) First Responders, ALS Helicopter Ambulances, and the EMS Authority d/b/a Sunstar
D. REGULAR AGENDA
None 12. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
1-9-07 13. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed
Ordinance Amending the Land Development Code Regarding Sidewalk and Street Sign Criteria
14. Adoption of a Resolution Declaring a County-Owned Parcel Surplus and Authorizing the Direct Sale to the City of Belleair Beach (Deferred from June 7, 2005, BCC Meeting) (Companion Item No. 24)
15. Approval of Amendment No. 2 Final, Acceptance of Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with Jacobs Construction Services Inc. for Pinellas County Utilities Construction Management at Risk Services for the Water Blending Facility and High Service Pump Station
16. Approval of an Award of Bid to American Process Group Inc. for Removal of Grit and Sludge at South Cross Bayou
17. Approval of an Agreement with ADS Alliance Data Systems, Inc. for Purchase of a Customer Information System (CIS) (Companion Item No. 18)
18. Approval of a Contract and Amendment to Contract with Langham Consulting Services, Inc. for CIS Services (Companion Item No. 17)
19. Adoption of a Revision to County Policy Regarding the Contract Review Process (County Administrator/Clerk of the Circuit Court/County Attorney/Purchasing)
20. Adoption of a Revision to County Policy Regarding the Small Business Assistance Program (Economic Development)
21. Approval of an Extension to the Agreement with Motorola, Inc. for Existing Noncompetitive Intergovernmental 800 MegaHertz Radio Communication System Service Plan (Emergency Communications)
22. Approval of a Noncompetitive Purchase with Motorola, Inc. for Radio Communication Equipment and Accessories (Emergency Communications)
1-9-07 23. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing for a Proposed
Ordinance for Code Enforcement through Special Magistrates (Environmental Management)
24. Approval of a First Amendment to Lease Agreement with the City of Belleair Beach for County-Owned Property (Facility Management) (Companion Agenda Item No. 14)
25. Approval of a Fourth Amendment to Antenna Tower Lease Agreement with Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC, d/b/a Cingular Wireless, for Emergency Communications (Facility Management)
26. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with Sun State International Trucks, LLC for Medium Duty Trucks (Fleet Management)
27. Approval of an Agreement with Community Health Centers of Pinellas, Inc. (CHC) for Service Hours Expansion to Medically Underserved Citizens (Human Services)
28. Approval of an Agreement with CHC for Expansion of Health Care Services to Medically Underserved Citizens (Human Services)
29. Approval of an Agreement with CHC for Pharmaceutical Services to Medically Underserved Citizens (Human Services)
30. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Master Florida Low Income Pool Program Agreements with Local Pinellas County Hospitals (Human Services)
31. Approval of a Contract with the City of Indian Rocks Beach and the Sheriff for Law Enforcement Services (Justice and Consumer Services)
32. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Annual Countywide Plan Map Update (Planning)
33. Approval of a Public Schools Interlocal Agreement with the Pinellas County School Board and Twelve Municipalities (Planning)
None 34. Other Administrative Matters
35. Approval of Authority for County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Sean Jennings v. Pinellas County, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-7800-CI-8 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
b. Michael McBride v. Sheriff Jim Coats, et al - U.S. District Case No. 8:06-cv-01490-SCB-EAJ – Allegations of Excessive Force and Civil Rights Violations
36. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Case of Jacob Shirley and Fannie M. Underwood for Injunctive Relief – Code Enforcement Violations
37. Approval of a Contract for Legal Services Retroactive to October 12, 2006, with Zinober & McCrea, P.A. in the Case of Michael McBride v. Sheriff Jim Coats, et al – U.S. District Case No. 8:06-cv-01490-SCB-EAJ
38. Approval of Authority to Defend the Case of United States of America v. Richard Farnham - Case No. 3:06-Cr-00456-RV-1 and Approval of a Contract for Legal Services Retroactive to November 15, 2006, with Ronald Keith Cacciatore for That Defense – Allegations of Excessive Force
Authorization granted to submit letter to Mayor Hibbard, Council of Mayors, re Charter Review Commission litigation expressing county’s wish to have litigation end; input provided by Attorney Bennett regarding concerns related to incentives expressed by Mayor Mischler, City of Pinellas Park.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AUTHORITY
40. Approval of a Sole Source Purchase of zSeries Software Lease Renewal with International Business Machines Corporation
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
a. 2007 Florida Association of Counties Legislative Program distributed; highlights presented.
b. Signage for Penny for Pinellas projects report distributed; feedback from commissioners requested by Mr. Spratt; item to be on agenda for December 12, 2006 meeting.
c. Concept for a Regional Transit Organization discussed; input provided by Commissioner Duncan regarding possible meeting in January or February 2007.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
42. Approval of Appointments to the Pinellas Planning Council for Groups A, B, and C
City of Treasure Island Mayor Mary Maloof (Group A), Town of North Redington Beach Vice-Mayor Jerry Knight (Group B), and City of South Pasadena Mayor Dick Holmes (Group C).
|a. Commissioner Stewart
Historical facts re unique Pinellas County.
11:33 A.M. ADJOURNMENT