PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
See Item No. 40.
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of July 24, 2007.
a. Southwest Florida Water Management District Standard Format Tentative Budget Submission for Fiscal Year (FY) 2007-2008.
b. Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County (HFA) Independent Auditor's Reports, Financial Statements, and Supplementary Information for the Year Ended September 30, 2006, Together with the Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds for the Year Ended September 30, 2006, Financial Statement Highlights.
c. Dock Fee Report for the Month of July 2007.
3. Vouchers and Bills Paid.
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Ordinances Nos. 7824-07 and 7830-07 Adopted July 19, 2007, Annexing Certain Properties.
b. City of Largo Ordinances Nos. 2007-25 and 2007-33, and 2007-41 through 2007-43 Adopted July 3 and July 17, 2007, Respectively, Annexing Certain Property.
c. City of Oldsmar Resolution No. 2007-12 Adopted July 17, 2007, Urging the BCC to Protect and Maintain the Brooker Creek Preserve Lands.
d. City of Safety Harbor Ordinances Nos. 2007-15 and 2007-16 Adopted August 6, 2007, Annexing Certain Property.
5. Approval of Release of Funds Held as Completion Surety.
6. Approval of Change Order No. 3 Final, Acceptance of Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with Brandes Design-Build, Inc. for Anderson Park Sanitary Sewer System (Rebid).
7. Approval of an Award of Bid to Eveland Brothers, Inc. for Window Replacement and Roof Truss Strengthening at the Old Courthouse.
8. Approval of a Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services Public Library Construction Sub-Grant Agreement with Palm Harbor Community Services Agency, Inc. for Renovation of the Palm Harbor Library (County Administrator).
9. Approval of Acceptance of Contract as Complete and Final Release of Retainage with Hill York Services Corporation for Installation of Chillers at 400 South Fort Harrison Annex Building (Facility Management).
10. Approval of the First Amendment to Lease Agreement with MG Tower, LLC (MG) for a Change in Ownership at 600 Cleveland Street for Planning Department (Facility Management).
11. Approval of the Fifth Amendment to Lease Agreement with MG for a Change in Ownership at 600 Cleveland Street for Community Development Department (Facility Management).
12. Approval of FY 2007 Budget Amendment Nos. 18 and 19 (Management and Budget).
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
13. Approval of the Receipt and File of the Quarterly Report by the HFA for the Pinellas Community Housing Trust Fund.
B. REGULAR AGENDA
None 14. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
9/18/07 15. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of Contract as
Complete, and Release of Retainage with Seaway Marine Contractors, Inc. for 2006 Boat Dock Facility Upgrades.
9/18/07 16. Approval to Declare Two Escheat Properties Surplus and Authorize
Their Conveyance to the City of St. Petersburg.
9/18/07 17. Approval of an Award of Bid to Three Vendors for Traffic Signs, Blanks,
Posts, Brackets, and Delineators (Cooperative).
9/18/07 18. Approval of an Increase to Contract with Clarke Mosquito Control
Products, Inc. for the Sole Source Purchase of an Improved Pesticide for the Highway Department.
9/18/07 19. Approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement for Consultant
Services with Camp Dresser & McKee Inc. for the Town of Belleair Wastewater System Acquisition (to be Temporarily Deferred).
9/18/07 20. Approval of an Award of Bid to Volt Information Sciences, Inc. for
Central Palm Harbor Phase 3A Reclaimed Water Distribution System.
9/18/07 21. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Vacant Real Property
with Stevie L. Walker in the Dansville Redevelopment Area (Community Development).
9/18/07 22. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Vacant Real Property
with Willie and Easter Mae Teagle in the Dansville Redevelopment Area (Community Development).
23. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Pinellas County Beach Erosion Control Projects in FY 2008-2009 Florida Beach Management Program Long-Range Budget Plan for Submittal to Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems (Environmental Management).
9/18/07 24. Approval of an Award of Bid to Nine Vendors for Various Medium and
Heavy Duty Vehicles and Equipment (Fleet Management).
9/18/07 25. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing Regarding
Proposed Ordinance Establishing a Fee for Medical Examiner Services (Justice and Consumer Services/County Attorney).
09/18/07 26. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing Regarding a
Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Code Relating to Duties of the Principle Purchasing Official (Purchasing).
27 Other Administrative Matters
9/18/07 a. Approval of Funding Recommendations of the Substance Abuse
Advisory Board for Distribution of Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Funds for FY 2007-2008 (Justice and Consumer Services).
9/18/07 28. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Rosalynn Carter v. BCC - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-7378-CI-20 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries.
b. Jean S. McKinley v. Pinellas County, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-6520-CI-11 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries.
9/18/07 29. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in
the Case of Pinellas County v. Dean’s Towing & Transport, Inc. – Damages as the Result of Towing Incidents.
30. Adoption of a Resolution Approving Early Extension of Tax Roll.
31. Adoption of a Resolution to Postpone Making Application for Deeds on County-Held Tax Certificates for Properties Assessed by the Property Appraiser at Values Less Than $5,000, Pursuant to § 197.502(3), Florida Statutes 2005 Tax Certificates.
None 32. Miscellaneous
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) AUTHORITY
33. Approval of the Master Advanced Life Support Agreement with Fire Districts and Nineteen Municipalities for EMS First Responder Services.
LEALMAN SOLID WASTE AND DISPOSAL DISTRICT (LSWDD)
34. Approval of Acceptance of Non-Ad Valorem Assessment Roll for LSWDD and Certification to the Tax Collector.
SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT
9/18/07 35. Approval of the First Amendments to Agreements with Operation PAR,
Inc. and Westcare Gulfcoast-Florida, Inc. for Adult Residential, Outpatient Level III Drug Court Treatment.
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
9/18/07 36. WorkNet Pinellas Draft Two-Year Plan Overview.
9/18/07 37. Starkey Road (Bryan Dairy Road to Ulmerton Road) Draft Preliminary Report.
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
38. Approval of an Appointment by Commissioner Kenneth T. Welch to the Youth Advisory Committee.
39. Approval of an Appointment by Commissioner Susan Latvala to the Suncoast Health Council (Deferred from July 10, 2007, BCC Meeting).
||a. Discussion of Grand Jury Presentment; direction provided.
||b. Approval of Legal Services Agreement with Allen, Norton & Blue.
||c. Approval of termination of County Attorney without cause.
||d. Approval of reprimand of County Administrator.
||e. Approval of James L. Bennett’s continued role as Interim County Attorney.
F. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Maria Wyatt, Seminole; re return bats to trail bridge in Seminole.
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor; re 10100 Omaha Street.
Greg Pound, Largo; re Justice 4 Kids.Org.
Lynne Shelby, St. Petersburg; re Save Our Homes.
Mark Klutho, Largo; re stupidity, waste.
David McKalis, M.D., St. Petersburg; re role of government.
Joe Paige, Clearwater; re comprehensive plan amendments
G. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
41. Petition to Vacate Submitted by William P. Bragg and Pamela A. Shields for a Portion of a Utility Easement on Lot 16, Hillcrest Manor Subdivision
42. Proposed Resolutions to Adopt Tentative Millages and Budgets for FY 2007-2008 (First Public Hearing)
09/18/07 43. Approval of Authority to Advertise the Second Public Hearing for Final
Millages and Budgets for FY 2007-2008
44. ADJOURNMENT – 10:43 P.M.