PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Linda Woodhouse, Palm Harbor, re erosion to my seawall – cutting of mangroves, et cetera – staff to follow-up.
Greg Pound, Largo, re tax dollars; Assistant County Administrator James Dates to follow-up.
Hamilton Hanson, St. Petersburg, re budgets/tax cuts.
Mark Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS - BCC
1. Proposed Ordinance to Establish Restrictions on the Sale or Transfer of County-Owned Parks and Environmental Lands
Staff authorized to work together with commission and public to develop two separate ordinances which may or may not feature either exclusively or in part Charter amendment language, one dealing with parks and the other dealing with environmental lands.
2. Proposed Resolution Amending the Development Order for Trinity Communities Development of Regional Impact
3. Proposed Ordinance Approving the Use of Golf Carts, with Conditions, within Highland Lakes Subdivision
2nd 8-21-07 4. Proposed Amendment to the Countywide Plan Rules Regarding Tourist Facility Densities (First Public Hearing)
2nd 8-21-07 5. Q Z/LU-2-9-05, a/k/a Golden Lantern Mobile Home Park, Ltd.; Quasi-Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix.
An Ordinance of the County of Pinellas, Rescinding Ordinance No. 06-31 Which Amended the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, for The Golden Lantern Mobile Home Park by Changing the Land Use Designation of 19.74 Acres of Certain Property Located in Section 25, Township 30, Range 15, and on the South Side of Park Boulevard from Residential Urban to Residential Medium and Residential/Office/Retail; Providing for the Retention of the Residential Urban Land Use Classification on the Subject Property; Recognizing the Lack of Effectiveness of the Underlying Rezoning and Development Agreement; Providing for Severability; Providing for Other Modifications That May Arise from Review of the Ordinance at the Public Hearing and with Responsible Authorities; and Providing for the Filing of the Ordinance and for an Effective Date (First Public Hearing)
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
6. SUBTHRESHOLD AMENDMENT – Case CW 07-18 – Largo
5.0 Acres More or Less Located on the Southwest Corner of 150th Avenue North and 49th Street North from Transportation/Utility to Institutional
7. REGULAR AMENDMENT – Case CW 07-17 – Pinellas County
0.4 Acre More or Less Located on the South Side of Bay Pines Boulevard, Approximately 1,000 Feet West of 83rd Street North from Commercial Recreation to Commercial General
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
8. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of June 19, 2007
a. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2007-09 Dated June 28, 2007 - Audit of CJIS II Application Development Project, Together with The Audit Watch
b. City of Dunedin Single Audit Report (Amended) for the Fiscal Year (FY) Ending September 30, 2006
c. Quarterly Report of Routine Dock Permits Issued from April 1, 2007, through June 30, 2007
d. Dock Fee Report for the Month of June 2007
10. Vouchers and Bills Paid
11. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
See No. 20 a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Prehearing and Hearing Regarding Petition by Progress Energy Florida, Inc. to Recover Costs of Crystal River Unit 3 Uprate through Fuel Clause, Held July 23, 2007, and August 7, 2007, Respectively, in Tallahassee
b. Town of Belleair Resolution No. 2007-22 Adopted June 19, 2007, Opposing Consideration by BCC to Change the Water and Sewer System Flow of Funds
c. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding Four Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property, Public Hearings Held July 12 and July 26, 2007, and to be Held August 9, 2007; and Providing a Corrected Parcel Number to an Annexation Ordinance Considered at a Public Hearing Held June 28, 2007
d. Correspondence from Harper, Kynes, Geller & Buford, P.A. and the Law Offices of James J. Pratt Opposing Budget Cuts to the Pinellas County Law Library System
e. Eastlake Oaks Community Development District Minutes of the
Meetings Held December 14, 2006, and February 8, 2007, Together with Unaudited Financial Statements as of October 31, 2006, and December 31, 2006
12. Approval of a Release of Funds Held as Completion Surety
13. Approval of a Release of Interest by County Deed Submitted by Alice H. and Ronald P. Nisk for a Utility and Ingress/Egress Easement
14. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with the Top-Five Ranked Firms for the Pinellas County Economic Development Phases I and II Environmental Assessments Brownfield Program
15. Approval of Change Orders No. 1 Final, Acceptance of Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with:
a. Tagarelli Construction, Inc. for Construction of Sidewalk Improvement 119th Street North, Ulmerton Road to Ridgecrest School
b. Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. for General Sidewalk and Americans with Disabilities Act Ramp Construction 2004-2005
16. Approval of an Award of Bid to Allied Universal Corp. for Liquid Chlorine Cylinders
17. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with the Number-One Ranked Firm for Starkey Basin Watershed Evaluation and Management Plan (Environmental Management)
18. Approval of FY 2007 Budget Amendment No. 16 (Management and Budget)
Authorities, Boards, and Councils
19. Approval of Receipt and File of Eleven 2007 Annual Plan Map Adjustments
D. REGULAR AGENDA
20. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Agenda Item No. 11a approved by separate vote.
21. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A704275809 as an Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
22. Adoption of a Resolution Designating the Bryan Dairy Site as a Brownfield Area (Economic Development)
23. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 Fleet Management Fund Budget to Reappropriate Unexpended Funds for Vehicle Replacement (Management and Budget)
24. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Donations to the Culture, Education, and Leisure Department (Management and Budget)
25. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Revenues to the Sheriff (Management and Budget)
26. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Reimbursement of Funds to the Emergency Communications Department (Management and Budget)
None 27. Other Administrative Matters
28. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Midfirst Bank v. Wallace Rogers, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-6684-CI-20 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Community Development Mortgage
b. Washington Mutual Bank, f/k/a Washington Mutual Bank, FA v. Jorge Arias, a/k/a Jorge E. Arias, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-6581-CI-19 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Homestead Fraud Tax Lien
29. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Case of Pinellas County v. Christopher Digiulio – Damages Incurred as a Result of an Accident
8-21-07 30. Approval of Authority to Advertise Amendments to Pinellas County Code Sections 46-32 and 46-34 Pertaining to Court Costs and Service Charges
Proposed temporary policy re communications with County Attorney delineating circumstances under which those communications would occur.
E. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
F. COUNTY COMMISSION
33. Approval of Reappointments and Appointments to the Pinellas County Economic Development Council (Temporarily Deferred from the July 24, 2007, BCC Meeting; to be Temporarily Deferred)
34. Approval of Reappointments and Appointments to the Pinellas County Youth Advisory Committee
|a. Commissioner Welch
||re Housing Authority Conference on August 28, 2007 from 2:00 to 5:00 P.M.
|b. Commissioner Harris
||re thanks to Commissioners Latvala and Welch for their continuing work.
|c. Chairman Duncan
||re budget process and schedule; input provided by Mr. Spratt re two budget hearings scheduled for September 4 and 18; comprehensive report of issues to be given to board prior to September 4 meeting; discussion re budget matters at work session on August 28.
1:54 P.M. ADJOURNMENT