PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of June 5, 2007.
a. City of Belleair Beach Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Fiscal Year (FY) Ended September 30, 2006.
b. Eastlake Oaks Community Development District Proposed Operating Budget for FY 2008, Pursuant to Chapter 190.008(2)(b), Florida Statutes.
c. Entrada Community Development Districts Proposed FY 2008 Annual Operations Budget.
3. Other Approvals:
a. General – None.
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid.
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Florida Public Service Commission Notice of Proposed Agency Action Order Approving an Increase in Water and Wastewater Rates in Marion, Orange, Pasco, Pinellas, and Seminole Counties by Utilities, Inc. of Florida Issued June 13, 2007.
b. City of Largo Ordinances Nos. 2007-34 and 2007-35 Adopted June 5, 2007, Annexing Certain Property.
c. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding an Ordinance Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held June 28, 2007.
d. City of Seminole Resolutions Nos. 06-2007 and 07-2007 Adopted June 12, 2007, Opposing Proposed Changes of Land Use within the Brooker Creek Preserve and Supporting Development of a Water Blending Facility within the Preserve by the Pinellas County Utilities Department in Partnership with Tampa Bay Water, Respectively.
e. City of Tarpon Springs Ordinance No. 2007-17 Adopted June 5, 2007, Annexing Certain Property.
f. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 8, Dated May 17, 2007, and Financial Statement for the Month of May 2007.
g. Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue Resolution No. 2007-10 Adopted June 5, 2007, Requesting that the BCC Call for a Special Election to be Held November 6, 2007, Regarding Assessment Rates.
5. Approval of a Release of Funds Held as Completion Surety.
6. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator).
7. Approval of Cooperative Funding Agreements with Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) for the Lake Tarpon Water Quality Areas 23 and 63 (Environmental Management).
8. Approval of FY 2007 Budget Amendment No. 15 (Management and Budget).
9. Approval of Receipt and File Reports from March 23, 2007, through June 30, 2007, of (Management and Budget):
a. Administrative Budget Amendments.
b. Law Enforcement Trust Fund.
10. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Procurement Items Delegated to the County Administrator for the Quarter Ending June 30, 2007 (Purchasing).
11. Approval to Declare Miscellaneous County-Owned Equipment and Scrap Material Surplus, Authorize its Sale, and Remove Stolen and Lost Items from the County Fixed Asset Inventory (Purchasing).
Authorities, Boards, and Councils
Economic Development Authority
12. Approval of the Final Release of Retainage and Acceptance of Contract as Complete with I/C Mechanical, Inc. for the Building Management System and Direct Digital Control Upgrade at the Young – Rainey STAR Center.
B. REGULAR AGENDA
None 13. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and
Clerk of Circuit Court).
14. Approval of a Free - Standing Commercial/Office Building Lease
Agreement with Lockheed Martin Corporation for Operation of an Automated Flight Services Station.
15. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with E. L. Trevena, Incorporated for
2007 Railroad Crossing and Sidewalk Improvements.
16. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with Centrisys Corporation for South
Cross Bayou Centrifuge Repair and Retrofit.
17. Approval of the Recommendation of the Independent Cultural Tourism
Grant Panel for Award of FY 2008 Grants to Twelve Arts and Cultural Organizations (Culture, Education, and Leisure/Convention and Visitors Bureau).
18. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A7050848105 as an Applicant for
the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program (Economic Development).
19. Approval of Three Attorneys to Serve as Special Magistrates and
Conduct Code Enforcement Hearings (Environmental Management).
20. Approval of a Mental Health Funding Letter of Guarantee with the
Department of Housing and Urban Development for a Federal Continuum of Care Application for Pinellas County Coalition for the Homeless (Health and Human Services).
21. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a
Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 Capital Projects Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Funds from SWFWMD to Environmental Management (Management and Budget).
22. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a
Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Revenues to the Cultural Affairs Division of Culture, Education, and Leisure (Management and Budget).
23. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a
Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Revenues to the Sheriff (Management and Budget).
24. Adoption of a Resolution Certifying Tentative Millages for Truth in
Millage Notices for FY 2008 Budget (Management and Budget).
25. Adoption of a Resolution Supporting the Metropolitan Planning
Organization’s Livable Communities Model Comprehensive Plan Objectives and Policies (Planning).
26. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on the Proposed
Updated Safety Harbor Downtown Community Redevelopment Plan (Planning).
None 27. Other Administrative Matters.
28. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in
the Cases of:
a. Pinellas County v. Richard Granata – Request for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief.
b. Jim Coats, Sheriff, Pinellas County v. Christopher C. Jackson – Request for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief.
c. April Verrier v. Alkins and Kathleen Kourkoulos, Housing and Urban Development Case #04-07-0513-8: PCO Case #07-016 – Allegations of Housing Discrimination.
d. Pinellas County v. Michael Keiter, as Trustee of The 500 Hillsborough Trust, and Chris Estey – Request for Injunctive Relief.
29. Approval of Authority to Defend Interests of Pinellas County in GTE
Federal Credit Union v. Tracy G. Kirk, et al., Circuit Civil Case No. 07-5806-CI-15 – Foreclosure Action.
30. Approval of Authority to Represent the Medical Director in Pinellas
County Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Office of the Medical Director v. Stanley Gammage, DOAH Case No. 07-2587; Pinellas County EMS, Office of the Medical Director v. Treco Miller, DOAH Case No. 07-2588; Pinellas County EMS, Office of the Medical Director v. Anthony Stewart, DOAH Case No. 07-2589.
31. Approval of an Amended Agreement with the State Division of
Administrative Hearings for Use of an Administrative Law Judge in Complaints of Discrimination in Employment, Housing, and Public Accommodations, Retroactive to November 1, 2006.
32. Approval of a Settlement in the Claim of Linda and Newland Hamilton –
Claim No. 07-94575.
33. Adoption of a Resolution Proposing a Referendum on November 6,
2007, for Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue District to Increase its Tax Rates.
None 34. Miscellaneous.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
35. Approval of Three Appointments of Members to the EMS Advisory
LEALMAN SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL DISTRICT (LSWCDD)
36. Adoption of a Resolution Correcting the 2006 Assessment Roll for the
LSWCDD and Authorizing Repayment from Funds of LSWCDD Assessments Paid by Property Owners Not Subject to This Assessment Prior to the Correction.
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
a. Director of Environmental Management William F. Davis provided general information re Water and Navigation Control Authority appeal process; reviewed the status of the Tierra Verde marina matter; and noted a scrivener’s error (see Agenda Item No. 39).
b. County Administrator Spratt provided information re formation of the Real Estate Procedures Review Team; and distributed a Public Works report re Jim Smith property acquisition.
c. State Attorney authorized to conduct independent investigation of the Jim Smith property acquisition.
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
8/7/07 38. Approval of Reappointments and Appointments to the Pinellas County Economic Development Council.
39. Approval of an Appointment to the Pinellas County Environmental Foundation (Temporarily Deferred from July 10, 2007, BCC Meeting).
Attorney Churuti noted that this entity is not a foundation and should be known as the Pinellas County Environmental Fund.
40. Approval of an Appointment to the Solid Waste Technical Management Committee.
|a. Commissioner Harris
||reported on visit to Cross Bayou Water Plant; and provided a water conservation tip.
|b. Commissioner Welch
||provided information re the work of the Lealman Fire District Task Force; and related that he has been elected Chairman.
|c. Chairman Duncan
||reported on the opening of the Jail Medical Facility.
d. Director of Environmental Management
William F. Davis
provided information re a meeting of the Shell Key Environmental Group scheduled for August 29, 2007, at 6:30 P.M., at the Cooperative Extension Auditorium, 12520 Ulmerton Road; and noted that public comment is welcome.
F. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Greg Pound, Largo, re the abuse of money by D.C.F.; County Administrator to follow up.
Hamilton Hanson, St. Petersburg, re tax reform; County Administrator to follow up.
William R. Sachs, Clearwater, re Access Pinellas budget cuts.
David Figueroa, Palm Harbor, re public access.
Janice Jochum, Seminole, re public access.
Luke Lirot, Clearwater, re public access funding.
Mary Catok, St. Petersburg, re public access.
G. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS - BCC
42. Proposed Resolution Approving the 2007-2010 Pinellas County Affordable Housing Land Inventory List.
43. Proposed Pinellas County Consortium’s FY 2007-2008 Consolidated Action Plan.
44. Proposed Ordinance Regarding Amendments to Sections of the Pinellas County Code for Marina Operations.
45. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner (Quasi- Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix):
a. Q Z/LU-3-5-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .15 Acre Located at 3365 57th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, Page 296 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 35, Township 30, Range 16, from R-4, One, Two and Three Family Residential to C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services, Upon Application of Bond Auto Sales, in Care of George Hickey, and an Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .15 Acre Located at 3365 57th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, Located in Section 35, Township 30, Range 16, from Residential Low to Commercial General, and Providing an Effective Date.
b. Q Z-4-5-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 1.4 Acres Located East of 131st Street North Approximately 270 Feet North of 114th Avenue North, Largo, Page 253 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 17, Township 30, Range 15, from A-E, Agricultural Estate Residential to R-R, Rural Residential and a Variance to Allow Construction on a Parcel Having Access Via a Private Ingress/Egress Easement Where 90 Feet of Frontage on a Public Road Right-of-Way is Required, Upon Application of Thomas Seitz through Thomas Kapper, Representative.
As Amended c. Q Z-1-4-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .16 Acre Located on the North Side of Braginton Street, 250 Feet East of 11th Street Northwest, Largo, Page 199 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 28, Township 29, Range 15, from C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services to R-6, Mobile Home Parks and Subdivisions, Upon Application of Schiller Investments, in Care of Andrew Schiller.
As Amended d. Q Z-5-4-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of Two Lots Containing Approximately .24 Acre Located on the Northeast Corner of Braginton Street and 11th Street Northwest, Clearwater, Page 200 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 28, Township 29, Range 15, from C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services to R-6, Mobile Home Parks and Subdivisions, Along with Variances to Allow the Existing Mobile Homes to Remain on Lots 7 and 8 with 15-Foot Front Setbacks; Lot 8 Having a Lot Width of 52 Feet and Lot 7 Having a Lot Width of 53.3 Feet and a 6-Foot Setback from the 11th Street Northwest Property Line, Upon Application of Schiller Investments, in Care of Andrew Schiller.
e. Q CU-2-5-07
Application of Melvin and Janice Gavron through Alex Plisko, Jr., Plisko Architecture, P.A., Representative, for a Conditional Use to Operate a Dog Training School (6 to 12 Dogs per Class), Daycare (4 to 12 Dogs), and a High-End Boarding Facility for 4 Dogs on a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately 6 Acres Located on the West Side of East Lake Road Approximately 700 Feet South of Kensington Trace, Tarpon Springs.
f. Q CU-1-2-07
Application of Maryann and Jes Engelmann through R. Nathan Hightower, MacFarlane, Ferguson & McMullen, Representative, for a Conditional Use to Permit the Expansion of an Existing Dog Kennel to Allow 30 Extra Dog Runs (48 dogs) within the Existing Facility on a 1.7 Acre Parcel Located on the North Side of Enterprise Road Approximately 340 Feet West of Signature Terrace (Street Address: 3440 Enterprise Road, Safety Harbor).
Approval for the Chairman to schedule a meeting to discuss engaging independent counsel for the purpose of representing the Board in connection with the State Attorney’s Grand Jury investigation of the Jim Smith property acquisition.
ADJOURNMENT – 10:36 P.M.