OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the
United States of America
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Robert Smith, Palm Harbor re Alderman/Belcher Rezoning/Community Overlay (submitted written statement).
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Proposed Ordinance Regarding the Zoning Code Related to Dumpsters
WATER AND NAVIGATION CONTROL AUTHORITY PUBLIC HEARINGS
2. Private Dock Application P37139-06 Submitted by Paul J. and Julie A. Waters, 1129 Victoria Drive, St. Joseph Sound, Dunedin
3. Multi-Use Dock Application M36389-05/Revised Submitted by Mainstream America - Tony Fernandez, The Grand Villas on Snell Isle, 536 Monterey Boulevard Northeast, Coffeepot Bayou, St. Petersburg
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposal to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
4. SUBTHRESHOLD AMENDMENT – Case CW 06-29 – Pinellas County 0.30 Acre Located on the North Side of Delaware Avenue, 240 Feet East of U.S. Highway Alternate 19; Amendment from Residential Low to Residential/Office/Retail
2nd 7/25/06 5. Proposed Ordinance Amending the Countywide Rules Concerning
Administration of the Future Land Use Plan (First Public Hearing)
Staff directed to proceed using the term Planned Redevelopment, rather than Planned Revitalization as proposed.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
6. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meetings of May 16 and June 6, 2006 and Special Emergency Meeting of June 12, 2006
Mr. Spratt noted for the record that the minutes of the May 16, 2006 meeting were approved on June 20, 2006 and should not be listed for approval on today’s agenda.
a. Quarterly Investment Reports for the Periods Ended December 31, 2005 and March 31, 2006
b. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2006-06 Dated June 8, 2006 - Audit of Department of Environmental Management, Air Quality Division, Code Enforcement Division, Water Resources Management Section
c. State of Florida Auditor General Report No. 2006-188, Operational Audit of Pinellas County School Board for the Period July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005
d. Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County Interim Financial Reports (Unaudited) Dated May 31, 2006
e. Dock Fee Report for the Month of May 2006
8. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
9. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Public Hearing Notices of Annexation, Land Use Plan and Zoning Atlas Amendments Regarding Ordinances Nos. 7637-06 through 7639-06, 7643-06 through 7645-06, and 7656-06 through 7658-06 to be Held August 3, 2006
b. City of Largo Notice of Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 2006-40 Held June 20, 2006, Annexing Certain Property
c. City of St. Petersburg Ordinance No. 778-G Effective May 19, 2006, Annexing Certain Property
d. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding One Ordinance Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held June 22, 2006
e. City of Safety Harbor Notice of a Public Meeting Regarding
Ordinance No. 2006-10 Held June 19, 2006, Changing the Zoning of Certain Annexed Property
f. Correspondence from REXAM Regarding Notification of Layoffs, Pursuant to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
g. Pinellas Suncoast Fire and Rescue Resolution No. 2006-06 Adopted May 16, 2006, Amending the 2005-2006 Budget for the Purpose of Transferring Necessary Funds into a Capital Expenditures Account
h. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular Authority Meeting No. 7 Dated April 20, 2006
i. One Item Relating to Dock, Pier and Wharf Construction Contract Bonds
10. Approval of Acceptance of Contract as Complete, Release of Retainage, and Change Orders:
See Item No. 39 a. No. 1 Final with Keystone Excavators, Inc. for Extension Service
Ulmerton Road Entrance
b. No. 3 final with Seaway Maine Contractors, Inc. for Boat Dock Facility Upgrades
11. Approval of an Award of Bid to Ferguson Waterworks for Meter Boxes (Cooperative)
12. Approval of FY 2006 Budget Amendment No. 23 (Management and Budget)
13. Approval to Declare Miscellaneous County-Owned Equipment Surplus and Authorize its Sale (Purchasing)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board
14. Approval of Ratification of the Employment Contract with Rodney S. Fischer, Executive Director
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Authority
15. Approval of an Appointment to the EMS Medical Control Board
D. REGULAR AGENDA
16. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Chairman Welch related that Item No. 10a will be addressed after Commissioner Seel’s arrival.
17. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Engineering Consulting Services Agreement with CH2M Hill, Inc. for 102nd Avenue from 125th Street to Ridge Road
18. Approval of Agreements with Aurigo Software Technologies Inc. for Construction Management Software
19. Approval of an Award of Bid to Rowe Drilling Company, Inc. for Lake Tarpon Aquifer Storage and Recovery Test Well System, Phase III
20. Adoption of a Resolution to Approve Project A5110140918 as a Qualified Applicant and Identify Sources of Local County Funding in the Qualified Target Industry Refund Program for Fiscal Year (FY) 2007-2015 (Economic Development)
21. Approval of Amendments No. 1 to the Master Florida Medicaid Upper Payment Limit Program Agreement with Local Pinellas County Hospitals (Human Services)
22. Adoption of a Resolution to Appropriate Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2006 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Funds for Educational Signage for Stormwater Ponds and Wetland Areas for Culture, Education, and Leisure (Management and Budget)
23. Adoption of a Resolution to Appropriate Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2006 General Fund Budget to Transfer Unanticipated Grant Funds for High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Program for the Sheriff (Management and Budget)
24. Other Administrative Matters
7/25/06 Mr. Spratt read an announcement regarding Pinellas County Health Facilities Authority Health
System Revenue Bonds.
25. Approval of Authority for County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Carrie E. Dobraski v. Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, et al – Circuit Civil Case No. 06-3513-CI-8 – Allegations of Negligence
b. Ena Serrano Kautsky v. Sheriff, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-3331-CI-20 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
c. Sonji Reed v. Pinellas County – Circuit Civil Case No. 06-2868-CI-20 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
d. Jo-An Totty v. Pinellas County - Circuit Civil Case No. 06-3775-CI-15 – Inverse Condemnation Claim
26. Approval of Contract for Legal Services with Zinober & McCrea in the Matter of Marquell D. McCullough v. Jim Coats – United States District Court Case No. 8:06-CV-00813-T-30-TBM Retroactive to May 26, 2006
27. Approval of Recommendation to Approve Final Settlement of Claims by Mr. Oak.com, Inc. Arising from a Sewer Backup at 29857 U.S. Highway 19 North
8/1/06 28. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed
Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Code Relating to Specific Ordinance Violation Provisions
29. Adoption of Resolution Regarding Placement of the Charter Review Commission Referendum Questions on Ballot
None 30. Miscellaneous
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND ENTITIES
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
31. Approval of Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with the Number One Ranked Firm for Banking and Treasury Management Services
32. Approval of Distribution of the Draft Preliminary Consistency Report to Local Governments for Review
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
33. Approval of a Lease Agreement with the University of South Florida, Florida Engineering Education Department at the Young – Rainey STAR Center
34. Approval of the First Amendment to Lease Agreement with The Enser Corporation of Alabama at the Young – Rainey STAR Center
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
35. Hurricane Planning for Mobile Home Parks
Consensus to distribute letter to mobile home park residents encouraging formation of Community Emergency Response Teams and suggesting possible resources.
36. Environmental Science Forum Report
Following discussion and input by Attorney Churuti, the Board requested read-only access to a web portal where Forum members could post comments and discuss their views.
37. FY 07 Proposed Millage Rates and Assessments
Proposed rates to be forwarded to Property Appraiser.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
38. Approval of Reappointments to the WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors
|a. Commissioner Latvala
||thanked the Board for their attendance and support at her inauguration at Florida Association of Counties (FAC) conference last week.
|b. Commissioner Harris
||presented consumer tips regarding service contracts and water conservation tip.
| c. Commissioner Seel
||referred to Agenda Item No. 10a; whereupon, Director of Public Works Jan R. Herbst and Assistant County Administrator Elizabeth A. Warren provided input regarding the Extension Service Ulmerton Road Entrance project. Suggested that staff contact Florida Department of Transportation regarding completion of the subject portion of Ulmerton Road. Noted that citizens in Lansbrook are not receiving any reclaimed water; and staff to follow up.
|d. Commissioner Morroni
||congratulated Commissioner Latvala re presidency of FAC; requested public hearing on proposed ordinance on Pinellas County Commission for Women; authority to advertise public hearing to appear on 7/25/06 agenda.
|e. Commissioner Duncan
||provided information re Weedon Island and Water Management District watershed program to be held August 17 and 18; an MPO and Tampa Bay Partnership regional transportation/transit summit to be held August 28; and the State’s interactive hurricane planning website, www.floridadisaster.org.
|f. Chairman Welch
||thanked Commissioner Duncan for filling in for him at meetings during the year, including the upcoming Republican National Convention conference; congratulated FAC President Latvala; and thanked the Board for their support of the Drug Paraphernalia Abatement Task Force and Assistant County Administrator James Dates for his service on the Task Force.
ADJOURNMENT – 10:55 A.M.
* * *