PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Any Person Wishing to Speak at This Time, Excluding Non-Public Hearing Items on the Agenda or Issues Previously Acted on by the BCC, Must Have a Yellow Card Completed and Given to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Chair Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard. Each Speaker May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes.
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor right-of-way easement.
Andy Steingold, Safety Harbor, re rehearing request for amended CRA application.
Kathleen Earle, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor CRA.
Nadine Nickeson, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor CRA.
Bob Diaz, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor CRA approval as submitted.
Rob Hoskins, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor CRA.
Carol Kumfer, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor CRA approval as submitted.
Christine Harlan, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor CRA approval as submitted.
Gary Jones, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor redevelopment.
Rob Parker, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor redevelopment.
Jeffrey Barrett, Clearwater, re Redevelopment Plan.
William M. Turkali, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor property downzone (CRA).
Rick Zacchigna, Clearwater, re Redevelopment Plan Safety Harbor.
Karen W. Kallai, Safety Harbor, re rehearing on Safety Harbor CRA.
Dawn Algieri, Clearwater, re rezoning of property on Bayshore Boulevard, Safety Harbor.
Kent Runnells, Safety Harbor, re Safety Harbor Redevelopment Plan.
Malisa Jernigan, Safety Harbor, re Citizens to be Heard.
Kenneth E. McDonald, Tierra Verde, re the future.
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
Any Person Wishing to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card and Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room. The Procedure Used by the BCC in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The BCC Will Then Hear Comments from the Proponents Followed by Comments from the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the BCC Will Decide on the Matter. Please Refer to the Back of Your Agenda Copy for More Details on Guidelines for Time Limitations and Opportunities to Speak.
1. Any Person Who Has Been Authorized to Represent an Organization with Five (5) or More Members or a Group of Five (5) or More Persons Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and Should Limit Their Presentation to Ten (10) Minutes. It is Expected that Others in the Organization or Group Will Waive Their Time.
2. Any Other Person Who Wishes to Speak about a Public Hearing Item Shall Complete a Blue Card, Submit it to the Board Secretary at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board Room, and May Speak up to Three (3) Minutes. The Chairman Will Call Each Speaker, One by One, to the Podium to be Heard.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by John Savidakis and Susan B. Savidakis for a Portion of Drainage and Utility Easement on Lot 79, Tract “D” in Deep Spring Subdivision (Temporarily Deferred from June 19, 2007, BCC Meeting)
2. Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 150, Impact Fees, of the Pinellas County Land Development Code to Revise Exhibits A and B for District 11A in St. Petersburg
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case CW 07-15 – Clearwater
0.8 Acre More of Less Located on the South Side of State Road 590, Approximately 200 Feet West of Owen Drive; Amendment from Residential Urban to Residential/Office Limited
b. Case CW 07-16 – Pinellas Park
0.3 Acre More of Less Located at 6645 68th Avenue; Amendment from Residential Urban to Residential/Office General
WATER AND NAVIGATION CONTROL AUTHORITY (W&N) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Pursuant to the Provisions of Chapter 31182, Laws of Florida (1955), as Amended, it is the Policy of the Pinellas County Water and Navigation Control Authority that all Persons Giving Testimony on Matters Relating to Application for Dredge, Fill, or Dock Permits do so Under Oath. If You Wish to Make Statements or Give Testimony Concerning Any of the Water and Navigation Items, Please be Prepared to Stand and Take the Oath When Requested to do so by the Clerk.
4. Private Dock Application P37907-06/Revised Submitted by Timothy B. and Gail C. Anderson, 508 Bluff View Drive, Clearwater Harbor, Belleair Bluffs
5. Private Dock Application P37628-06/Revised Submitted by William Church, 101 Sanctuary Drive, St. Joseph Sound, Crystal Beach
6. Multi-Use Dock Application M38080-07 Submitted by Nikolaos Polemarhakis, 2624 North Paula Drive, St. Joseph Sound, Dunedin
7. Dredge and Fill Application DF1794-06 Submitted by the City of St. Petersburg, Arterial Channel “Q” Maintenance Dredging, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg
8. Commercial Dock Application CD38038-07 Submitted by Tierra Verde Marina Holdings, LLC / Richard Fabrizi, 100 and 128 Pinellas Bayway, Boca Ciega Bay, Tierra Verde
C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
9. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of May 15, 2007
a. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2007-07 Dated May 24, 2007 – Audit of County Memberships
b. Pinellas Park Water Management District Public Facilities Report Dated May 2007
c. Dock Fee Reports for the Months of April and May 2007
11. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
12. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Safety Harbor Ordinances Nos. 2007-11 and 2007-12 Adopted June 4, 2007, Annexing Certain Property
b. Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue District Resolution No. 2007-09
Adopted May 15, 2007, Amending the 2006/2007 Budget
c. Pinellas Park Water Management District Minutes of Regular
Authority Meeting No. 7, Dated April 16, 2007, and Financial Statement for the Month of April 2007
13. Approval of a Release of Funds Held as a Completion Surety
14. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Consultants Competitive Negotiation Act Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval for the Quarter Ending June 30, 2007
15. Approval of an Award of Bid to Seven Vendors for Advanced Traffic Management System/Intelligent Transportation System (ATMS/ITS) Equipment
16. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of the Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with Oakhurst Construction Co., Inc. for Lealman Neighborhood Park Rebid
17. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with Pneumatic Concrete Co., Inc. for Fort DeSoto Bay Pier Repairs Rebid
See Item No. 23 18. Approval of Change Order No. 5 to the Construction Management
Services Agreement with Skanska USA Building Inc. for Pinellas
County Jail Expansion Phase II Health Care Facility
19. Approval of a Cooperative Funding Agreement with Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) for the Starkey Basin Watershed Evaluation and Management Plan (Environmental Management)
20. Approval of Fiscal Year (FY) 2007 Budget Amendment No. 14 (Management and Budget)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
21. Approval of Receipt and File of a Supplemental Package for Community Redevelopment District Special Area Plan for Case 06-44, City of Largo
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Authority
22. Approval of a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for Bay Area Medical Transport, Inc.
D. REGULAR AGENDA
23. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court)
Item No. 18 pulled from Consent Agenda for a separate vote at the request of Commissioner Stewart.
24. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of Contract as Complete, and Release of Retainage with M. Garcia & Sons, Inc. for Courthouse Granite Panel Remediation Rebid
25. Approval to Declare a Portion of County-Owned Property Surplus, Adopt a Resolution Authorizing Exchange of This Property, and Approve an Exchange Agreement with Sembler Creekside Partnership #1, LTD. and 54th Avenue Development Partnership, LTD. for Joe’s Creek Greenway Park Project (Temporarily Deferred from June 19, 2007, BCC Meeting)
26. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property Located at the Northeast Corner of Keystone Road and Old East Lake Road in Tarpon Springs for the Keystone Road Capital Improvement Project from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road
27. Approval of a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property Located at 1122 East Tarpon Avenue in Tarpon Springs for the Keystone Road Capital Improvement Project from U.S. Highway 19 to East Lake Road
28. Approval of an Agreement with Kisinger Campo & Associates, Corp. for Professional Engineering Consulting Services for Belcher Road (71st Street North) from 38th Avenue North to 54th Avenue North
29. Approval of an Agreement with KCI Technologies, Inc. for Professional Engineering Consulting Services for 62nd Avenue North from 49th Street North to 34th Street North
30. Approval of a Design/Build Agreement with Hennessy Construction Services Corp. for Public Works Highway Campus Phase 1/Traffic Operations Centralized Building
31. Approval of Authority to Proceed with Construction of the Water Blending Facility and High Service Pump Station at Prepared Site and Upgrade Operations/Security Building to Category 5 Wind Loading with Competitive Bids
32. Approval of a Recommendation Accepting an Offer from Regency Heights Co-Op, Inc. for a Deferred Payment Mortgage in Lieu of Foreclosure on a Resident-Owned Mobile Home Located at 2550 State Road 580 East, Lot 483 (Community Development)
33. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing Regarding Proposed Revisions and Additions to the Pinellas County Code for Marina Operations (Culture, Education, and Leisure)
34. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A6051037246 as an Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry (QTI) Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
35. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Dunedin for Use of the Dunedin Community Center as a Public Emergency Shelter (Facility Management)
36. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Funds from SWFWMD to Environmental Management (Management and Budget)
37. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 Capital Projects Fund Budget for Unanticipated Donations to Environmental Management (Management and Budget)
38. Adoption of a Resolution Appropriating Earmarked Receipts for a Particular Purpose in the FY 2007 General Fund Budget for Unanticipated Grant Funds to the Sheriff (Management and Budget)
39. Other Administrative Matters:
a. Approval of Pinellas County Tax Collector Lease Agreement with Gulf to Bay Center LLC.
b. Clerk of the Circuit Court authorized to advertise proposed ordinance for Public Hearing on August 7, 2007 for the use of golf carts in the Highland Lakes area with conditions.
c. Commissioner Duncan appointed as BCC representative to the Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority.
40. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Patricia Bansavage v. Pinellas County – Circuit Civil Case No. 07-4663-CI-8 - Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
b. Denise Herron v. Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office – Circuit Civil Case No. 07-003879-CI-8 – Allegations of Damages and Personal Injuries
c. Joann Sawyer v. Sheriff – Circuit Civil Case No. 07-4638-CI-7 – Allegations of Damages Resulting in Personal Injuries
d. Robin A. Vaillancourt, et al v. Pinellas County, et al – Circuit Civil Case No. 07-4543-CI-20 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries
e. Safety Harbor Complex, LLC v. Florida Department of Transportation, et al – Circuit Civil Case No. 06-8266-CI-11 – Allegations of Inverse Condemnation, Due Process Violations, and Trespass
f. William R. Semple and Petera C. Semple v. Pinellas County – Circuit Civil Case No. 07-5421-CI-20 – Allegations of Inverse Condemnation
g. Brett H. Green v. Jim Coats, Sheriff of Pinellas County, Circuit
Civil Case No. 07-4456-CI-21 and Approval of an Agreement for Legal Services with MacFarlane, Ferguson & McMullen, Retroactive to June 1, 2007
41. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Initiate Litigation in the Cases of:
a. Pinellas County v. Frank Hagen, as Trustee of the Trevana-Hagen Land Trust – for Injunctive Relief
b. Pinellas County v. Vegas of St. Petersburg, Inc., et al – for
42. Approval of Agreements for Legal Services Retroactive to May 1, 2007, with Law Offices of Greenberg, Traurig in the Matters of:
a. Marquell D. McCullough v. Jim Coats – United States District Court Case No. 8:06-CV-00813-T-30-TBM
b. Gwendolyn Garland v. Jim Coats, Deputy D. Bradley, and Deputy B. Sison – U.S. Middle District Court Case No. 8:06cv1948-T26 EAJ
c. Michael McBride v. Sheriff Jim Coats and Detention Deputy Jason Moyer, Case No. 8:06-cv-01490-SCB-EAJ
d. Landria Adams as Personal Representative of the Estate of Jarrell Walker, Deceased v. Sheriff Coats and Deputy Christopher Taylor, United States District Court Case Number 8:07-cv-00638-T-30TGW
43. Approval of an Amendment to a Contract for Legal Services with Ford & Harrison, LLP
44. Approval of a Revised Exhibit “A” to a Contract for Legal Services with Carlton, Fields, P.A., Retroactive to January 3, 2007
45. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Ordinance Creating Section 2-147, Pinellas County Code, Establishing Restrictions on the Sale or Transfer of County-Owned Parks and Environmental Lands
Attorney Churuti presented updates regarding the Crest Capital case and an excessive force trial currently in progress.
E. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
47. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Acceptance of Transfer of Ownership of a Technical Response Truck from the City of St. Petersburg for the County’s Refurbishment and Use by Largo Fire Rescue’s Technical Rescue Response Unit
PINELLAS COUNTY CONSTRUCTION LICENSING BOARD (PCCLB)
48. Approval of an Appointment of Fire Marshal to the PCCLB
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
49. Tentative Budget
a. County Administrator Spratt presented a Tentative Budget Report
b. Authorization granted to submit a grant application to the state
regarding Cross Bar/AL BAR Ranch.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
50. Approval of Reappointments to the WorkNet Pinellas Board of Directors
51. Approval of an Appointment to the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority Board of Directors
William C. Jonson appointed.
52. Approval of an Appointment by Commissioner Karen Williams Seel to the Pinellas County Environmental Foundation
53. Approval of an Appointment by Commissioner Susan Latvala to the Suncoast Health Council
| a. County Administrator Spratt
|| Commissioner Welch to serve as Board’s representative on Lealman Fire Control District special task force on annexation.
|c. Commissioner Stewart
||Kudos to Administrator Spratt and the budget team; requested reports regarding the Jim Smith property issue and the County’s land acquisition and disposition process.