PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes – None
2. Internal Audit Division, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Report No. 2007-06 Dated May 17, 2007 – Audit of Pinellas County Take-Home Vehicles and Internal Controls Over Fuel Distribution System
3. Other Approvals:
a. General – None
b. Vouchers and Bills Paid
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Clearwater Ordinances Nos. 7746-07, 7795-07, 7805-07, 7808-07, 7811-07, and 7814-07 Adopted May 3, 2007, Annexing Certain Properties
b. Correspondence from City of Pinellas Park Regarding Two Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing Held June 14, 2007
c. Pinellas Suncoast Fire and Rescue Resolutions Adopted April 17, 2007:
1. No. 2007-06 Superseding No. 2006-04 Establishing Rates and Charges for Building Plan Review and Related Services
2. No. 2007-07 Superseding No. 2006-05 Establishing a Life Safety/Fire Inspection Fee
3. No. 2007-08 Superseding No. 97-02 Adopting Amended
Authorization Limits for Emergency Repair Expenditures
d. City of Oldsmar Resolutions Nos. 2007-09 and 2007-10 Adopted May 1, 2007, Opposing any Consideration by BCC to Change the Water and Sewer System Flow of Funds and Supporting Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council's Resolution Requesting Sufficient Funding for the National Wildlife Refuge System, Respectively
5. Approval of a Cooperative Funding Agreement with Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) for Bee Branch Channel Improvements
6. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization for Staff to Negotiate with Each of the Top-Four Ranked Firms for Professional Engineering Services to Evaluate County Facilities for Storm Resistance
7. Approval of an Award of Bid to Caladesi Construction Co. for Public Works Master Job Order Contracting for Small to Mid-Range Building Projects
8. Approval of the Receipt and File Report of Items Delegated to the County Administrator for Approval (County Administrator)
9. Approval of an Award of Bid to Coastal Marine Construction Incorporated for Honeymoon Island Beach Restoration, Phase I (Environmental Management)
10. Approval of Fiscal Year (FY) 2007 Budget Amendment No. 13 (Management and Budget)
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Authority
11. Approval of a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for the City of Belleair Bluffs’ Advanced Life Support First Responder Services
12. Approval of the Annual Report of the EMS Medical Director
Pinellas County Construction and Licensing Board
13. Approval of Ratification of the Employment Contract with Rodney S. Fischer, Executive Director
B. REGULAR AGENDA
None 14. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
15. Approval of Change Order No. 1 to the Agreement with Sutter Roofing Company of Florida for Airport Terminal Roofing Renovation
16. Approval of an Agreement with Synergy Advisors Corp. for Consultant Services and a Feasibility Study for AIRCO Golf Course Redevelopment
7/10/07 17. Approval to Declare a Portion of County-Owned Property Surplus, Adopt a Resolution Authorizing Exchange of This Property, and Approve an Exchange Agreement with Sembler Creekside Partnership #1, LTD. and 54th Avenue Development Partnership, LTD. for Joe’s Creek Greenway Park Project
18. Approval of the Installation of Two Speed Humps in the Multi-Jurisdictional Area on 40th Avenue North, Located Between 31st Street North and 28th Street North, in Cooperation with the City of St. Petersburg
19. Approval of Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement for Design Professional Consulting Services with L. Robert Kimball & Associates, Inc. for Pinellas County Jail Expansion Phase II Health Care Facility
20. Approval of Change Order No. 1 Final, Acceptance of Contract as Complete, and Release of Remaining Retainage with Creative Contractors, Inc. for Pinellas County Jail Kitchen Additions and Renovations
21. Approval of Agreements with Four Firms for Consulting Services for Subsurface Utility Locating Services
22. Approval of an Award of Bid to Rowland Inc. for Central Palm Harbor Phase 3B Reclaimed Water Distribution System
23. Adoption of a Resolution Declaring the BCC’s Intent to Sell Cross Bar/AL-BAR Ranch for Public Ownership and Seek Participation in the Florida Forever Program
7/24/07 24. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on the FY 2007-08 Pinellas County Consortium’s Action Plan for Community Planning and Federal Funding (Community Development)
7/24/07 25. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on the FY 2007-10 Pinellas County Affordable Housing Land Inventory List (Community Development)
26. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A7050253417 as a Qualified Applicant for the Qualified Target Industry (QTI) Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
27. Adoption of a Resolution Approving A7050848105 as a Qualified Applicant for the QTI Tax Refund Program (Economic Development)
28. Approval of the First Amendment to the Agreement with SWFWMD for Brooker Creek Watershed Management Program (Environmental Management)
29. Approval of a Contract for Law Enforcement Services with the City of Belleair Beach and the Sheriff (Justice and Consumer Services)
30. Approval of an Agreement with the Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida for County-Funded Court Employees (Justice and Consumer Services)
31. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing Regarding the Updated Safety Harbor Downtown Community Redevelopment Plan (Planning)
32. Approval of a Name Change from Home Depot Supply, Inc. to HD Supply, Inc. and an Increase to Master Purchase Order for Maintenance, Repair, and Operating Supplies (Purchasing)
33. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Donation of Surplus Equipment and Personal Property to Non-Profit Agencies on 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares List and the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Suncoast (Purchasing)
None 34. Other Administrative Matters
35. Approval of Authority for the County Attorney to Defend the Cases of:
a. Tyrone Heck v. County of Pinellas - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-4222-CI-15 – Allegations of Improper Assault
b. Leonard A. McCue & Associates, P.A. v. Kathleen S. Robbins, et al - County Civil Case No. 07CC1950 Div. G – Interpleader Action
c. Christopher R. Sivon v. Janet R. Davis and Pinellas County Sheriff, a Government Entity - Circuit Civil Case No. 07-2062-CI-20 – Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Injuries
36. Approval of Authority to Submit a Claim on Behalf of the BCC as a Class Member to Recover All or a Portion of Cost Incurred by Pinellas County in the Zurich Insurance Class Action
Attorney Churuti introduced intern Vonyae Reed from Palm Harbor University High School; announced that three cases have been resolved; and indicated that a cost analysis pertaining to the use of outside counsel has been completed, with a memorandum to be distributed to the Board this afternoon.
C. AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY
08/07/07, 08/21/07 38. Approval of Authority to Advertise a Public Hearing on a Proposed Countywide Plan Rule Amendment Concerning Tourist Facility Density
39. Adoption of a Resolution Regarding Rate Increases for Sunstar Ambulance Transports
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) BOARD
40. Approval of Change Order No. 1 to the Contract with Air Mechanical and Service Corporation for IT Data Center Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Electrical Equipment Installation
D. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
41. Update on Community Housing Initiatives
E. COUNTY COMMISSION
42. Approval of an Appointment by Commissioner John Morroni to the Pinellas County Environmental Fund’s Advisory Committee
|a. Commissioner Harris
||reported that the he had attended a ceremony to accept the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation‘s Outstanding Achievement Award for the Heritage Village restoration/rehabilitation project; offered a water conservation tip re lawn sprinkling during the rainy season.
b. Commissioner Seel
|inquired as to industrial zoning code enforcement; and Attorney Churuti, Administrator Spratt, and Environmental Management Director William M. Davis provided input, noting that the Special Master process will be implemented in the near future.
|c. Commissioner Latvala
||indicated that she has completed her term as President of the Florida Association of Counties (FAC); thanked Commissioners for their support and for attending last week’s FAC conference; and urged their participation in legislative meetings in August. Reported on discussions with the School Board re recreational use of its properties; further information to be provided at the June 21 evening work session.
|d. Commissioner Welch
||thanked Commissioner Latvala for her leadership; informed the members of upcoming Juvenile Welfare Board (JWB)/ School Board and JWB Budget Committee meetings.
|e. Chairman Duncan
||noted changes to the June 21 budget and work session schedule: budget session to begin at 1:00 P.M.; Brooker Creek discussion and public hearing to start at 6:00 P.M.
|f. Commissioner Stewart
||provided historical information, displayed photographs, and reported on yesterday’s ribbon cutting ceremony for the restored original and replica toll towers on the Friendship Trail Bridge.
Chairman Duncan recognized Commissioner Latvala for her service as President of the FAC during the past year.
F. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Mark Klutho, Largo, re stupidity, waste.
J. Scott Fisher, Palm Harbor, re local government ½ cent sales tax.
G. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
44. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner (Quasi-Judicial Hearings are Noted with a “Q” Prefix):
a. Q LU-2-4-07
An Ordinance Amending the Future Land Use Map of Pinellas County, Florida, by Changing the Land Use Designation of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .57 Acre Located on the South Side of Bay Pines Boulevard, 1,000 Feet West of 83rd Street North, St. Petersburg, Located in Section 01, Township 31, Range 15, from Commercial Recreation to Commercial General and Providing an Effective Date, Upon Application of Russell P. Buchan through James P. Koelsch, MAI, Valuation Services, Inc.
without prejudice b. Q Z-4-4-07
Resolution Changing the Zoning Classification of a Parcel of Land Containing Approximately .17 Acre Located on the North Side of 49th Avenue North, 200 Feet East of Park Street North, St. Petersburg, Page 299 of the Zoning Atlas, as Being in Section 01, Township 31, Range 15, from R-4, One, Two and Three Family Residential to C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services, Upon Application of 8143 Land Trust, in Care of Kristine Cox, Trustee, Cox & Sanchez
c. Q CU-3-4-07
Application of Clarence Hobbs, Sr., through Dominic Iafrate, Angelo’s Aggregate Materials, Representative, for a Conditional Use to Allow the Processing of Construction and Demolition Debris into an Aggregate Material on Several Parcels of Land Containing Approximately 5.9 Acres Located at the Northernmost Point of Rainville Road (Street Address: 1591 Rainville Road, Tarpon Springs)
ADJOURNMENT – 8:59 P.M.