PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
A. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Any Person Wishing to Speak at this Time (Excluding Issues on the Agenda or Previously Acted on by the BCC) Must Have a Card Filled Out and Turned in to Staff at the Administrative Table Located at the Front of the Board Room.
- Amir Soankonlon, Safety Harbor, re Adopt a Pond
- Jasmine Robinson, Safety Harbor, re Adopt a Pond
- Kelly Levy, Safety Harbor, re Adopt a Pond
- Nancy McCaslin, St. Petersburg, Lake Seminole Park
- Gail Conroy, Redington Shores, re Lake Seminole Park
- Mona Radler, Seminole, re Lake Seminole Park
- Paul Bahmiller, Largo, re Lake Park Estates
- Mary G. Crowe, Largo, re Lake Park Estates
- Fred Cardwell, Largo, re Lake Park Estates
- Emily Rogers Coeyman, St. Petersburg, re PSTA bus
- W. C. Snipes, Clearwater, re Fred E. Marquis Trail
B. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
The Procedure Used by the Board of County Commissioners in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The Board Will Then Hear Comments From the Proponents Followed by Comments From the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the Board of County Commissioners Will Decide on the Matter. Please Refer to the Back of Your Agenda Copy for More Details on Guidelines for Time Limitations and Opportunities to Speak.
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
a. Case #CW 02-16 - Safety Harbor
Location - 0.66 Acre Located on the South Side of 10th Avenue South, 150 Feet East of McMullen-Booth Road. Amendment from Industrial Limited, Preservation, and Water/Drainage Feature to Commercial General.
+ b. Case #CW 02-23 - Dunedin
Location - 0.78 Acre Located on the Northwest Corner of Belcher Road and Palmwood Drive. Amendment from Residential Low Medium and Residential/Office General to Commercial General.
TD 8/20 c. Case #CW 02-24 - St. Petersburg
Location - 5.00 Acres Located on the Southeast Corner of Harbor Way South and Academy Way South. Amendment from Institutional to Residential/Office/Retail.
PLANNING AREA MAP AMENDMENTS
Consideration of the Following Request to Amend the Planning Area Map Delineating Eligibility For Annexation:
a. Pinellas County
Location - Lealman Special Fire Control District, Generally Located between the Seminole Bridge and East of I-275; and Between 40th Avenue North and 70th Avenue North. Amendment of Planning Area Map (Exhibit I - Ordinance No. 00-63) for those Unincorporated Areas within the Kenneth City, Pinellas Park and St. Petersburg Planning Areas that are Within the Lealman Special Fire Control District.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS - BCC
+ 3. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Heron Holdings, Inc., Represented by Michael Schoderbock of Progressive Development Group, Inc., for a Portion of an Alley/Right of Way, Lying between Lots 9 Through 18, Block 87, Map of Sutherland, Located in the Southeast Quarter of Section 2, Township 28 South, Range 15 East.
+ 4. Approval/Rejection of a Settlement Agreement with Lamar Company LLC Regarding Billboard Removal (Continued from May 21, 2002 BCC Meeting).
+ 5. Approval/Rejection of a Settlement Agreement with Viacom Outdoor Regarding Billboard Removal (Continued from May 21, 2002 BCC Meeting).
WATER AND NAVIGATION
Pursuant to the Provisions of Chapter 31182, Laws of Florida (1955), as Amended, it is the Policy of the Pinellas County Water & Navigation Control Authority that all Persons Giving Testimony on Matters Relating to Application for Dredge, Fill, or Dock Permits do so
Under Oath. If You Wish to Make Statements or Give Testimony Concerning any of the Water & Navigation Items, Please be Prepared to Stand and Take the Oath When Requested to do so by the Clerk.
+ 6. Private Dock Application P30965-01/Revised, Kung-Ti and Wen-Ying Sung Yen, 2600 Phillippe Parkway, Safety Harbor, Tampa Bay.
+ 7. Dredge and Fill Application D/F-1295, City of St. Petersburg, Parks Department/North Shore Pool, 901 North Shore Drive Northeast, St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay.
+ 8. Dredge and Fill Application D/F-1299, Portuguese Gap, Inc., Robert D. Wray, President, A/K/A Bridgetown Apartments, 12105 Gandy Boulevard, St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay.
+ C. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF CIRCUIT COURT
9. Approval of Minutes:
a. Regular Meeting Held on May 7, 2002.
b. Correction to the Minutes of September 25, 2001:
1. The Caption for Item No. 64 Should Read, "Resolution No. 01-290 Adopted Regarding a Public Hearing Held Pursuant to Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as Amended, and Providing an Effective Date, Interlocal Agreement between the Hillsborough County Industrial Development Authority and the Pinellas County Industrial Development Authority - Approved".
2. The Caption for Item No. 66 Should Read, "Resolution No. 01-292 Adopted Approving Issuance of Not-to-Exceed $18,000,000 Hillsborough County Industrial Development Authority Revenue Bonds, Series 2001 (Goodwill Industries-Suncoast, Inc., Project), Pursuant to Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as Amended, Providing an Effective Date, and Authorizing Interlocal Agreement between the Pinellas County Industrial Development Authority D/B/A the Pinellas County Economic Development Authority and the Hillsborough County Industrial Development Authority".
a. Investment Report for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2002.
b. Proposed Fiscal Year 2002-2003 Budget for the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.
c. Juvenile Welfare Board Interim Fiscal Reports (Unaudited) Dated March 31, 2002.
d. Final Report of Fleet Sizing and Utilization Study of Pinellas County Prepared by Maximus, Inc., Dated April 2002.
e. Pinellas County Solid Waste System Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2000 and 2001 Together with Independent Auditors' Report.
f. Pinellas County Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended September 30, 2001.
g. Audit Report No. 2002-07 Dated May 16, 2002 - Audit of Fleet Management.
11. Other Approvals:
a. General - None.
b. Satisfactions of Judgments and Liens.
c. Vouchers and Bills Paid.
12. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. City of Safety Harbor Ordinance No. 2002-09 Adopted on May 6, 2002.
b. City of Clearwater Public Hearing Notices of Annexation, Land Use Plan and Zoning Atlas Amendments Regarding Ordinances Nos. 6974-02 through 6979-02 and 6989-02 through 6991-02 to be Held June 20, 2002.
c. Town of Kenneth City Notice of Annexation Public Hearing Regarding Ordinance No. 509 to be Held June 12, 2002.
d. City of Tarpon Springs Public Hearing Notice of Proposed Annexation, Land Use and Zoning Regarding Ordinance No. 2002-10 to be Held June 18, 2002.
e. Correspondence from the City of Pinellas Park Regarding Six Ordinances Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property, Public Hearing to be Held June 13, 2002.
13. Approval of Plats, Deeds, Sureties and Sidewalk Guarantees.
14. Approval of First Option of Renewal for Air Conditioning Maintenance Services for the Utilities Department.
15. Approval of Award of Bids:
a. Cleaning of Odor Control Aerators and Scrubbers.
b. HVAC Repair and Replacement Services at the Logan Water Quality Laboratory.
16. Approval of a Reclaimed Water Utility Easement Agreement with Seminole Lake Golf Course, Inc.
17. Adoption of a Resolution for Assessment of Liens against Lands Cleared (Environmental Protection).
18. Approval of Recommendation to Declare Escheat Properties as Surplus, Waive Mineral Rights and Execute Deeds (General Services).
19. Approval of Award of Bid for Cement, Portland/Masonry (Purchasing).
D. REGULAR AGENDA
none 20. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
+ 21. Approval of Change Order No. 1 (Final) - Turner Creek Maintenance Dredging from 4th Street North to 1st Street North.
+ 22. Approval of an Increase to the Master Purchase Order for the North and South County Sidewalk Construction Contract.
+ 23. Approval to Execute an Agreement for the Bryan Dairy Road - 72nd Street to U.S. 19 Project, Environmental Planting, Maintenance and Monitoring Services.
+ 24. Approval on an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Indian Rocks Beach for the Installation of Marine Turtle Sensitive Lighting at Various Beach Access Points.
+ 25. Approval to Execute Amendment No. 5 to the Agreement with the University of Florida for a Research Initiative for Laser Swath Mapping of Pinellas County.
+ 26. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Revisions to the Residential Traffic Management (RTM) Program.
+ 27. Approval of a Consultant Selection for Management Services for the Utilities Fat/Oil/Grease Processing Facility Project.
+ 28. Approval of the Ranking of Firms and Authorization to Negotiate a Contract with the Number One Ranked Firm for the Gulf Boulevard Beautification Program.
29. Approval of Award of Bids:
+ a. William E. Dunn Water Reclamation Facility Improvements, Phase II.
+ b. William E. Dunn Water Reclamation Facility Improvements, Phase III.
+ 30. Approval of the First Amendment to the Security Services Contract.
+ 31. Approval to Execute a Utility Easement Agreement with Cornerstone Investments, Inc.
+ 32. Approval of an Access License Agreement with Tampa Bay Water.
+ 33. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Capital Replacement Project Construction Agreement.
+ 34. Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement for Environmental and Civil Engineering Services for Lake Tarpon Basin Management Plan.
+PH 7/9 35. Approval of Authorization to Advertise for a Public Hearing on the FY2002- 2003 Pinellas County Consortium's Action Plan for Community Planning and Development Programs Funded with Federal Grant Funds (Community Development).
+PH 7/9 36. Approval of Authorization to Advertise for a Public Hearing on the Proposed Air Quality Ordinance (Environmental Management).
+ 37. Approval of Request to Utilize General Services Employees to Perform the Remodeling Construction Work at 400 South Ft. Harrison.
+ 38. Approval of a Conditional Assignment and Consent to an Additional Assignment by Apostolu Enterprises, Inc. (General Services).
+ 39 Approval of a Lease Agreement with Workman Enterprises, Inc. (General Services).
+ 40. Approval of a Grant-in-Aid Agreement for Child Dependency Cases between Pinellas County and the Judicial Administrative Commission (Justice Coordination).
+ 41. Adoption of a Resolution Supplementing the FY2002 Air Quality Tag Fee Fund (Office of Management and Budget).
+ 42. Adoption of a Resolution Reallocating Reserve for Future Years in the FY2002 Fire District Fund Budget - South Pasadena (Office of Management and Budget).
+PH 7/23 43. Approval of Authorization to Advertise for a Public Hearing on a Proposed Ordinance Amending the Pinellas County Transportation Impact Fee Ordinance (Planning).
+ 44. Approval of Recommendation to Donate One Computer to the Food Emergency and Service Team (F.E.A.S.T.) (Purchasing).
+ 45. Approval to Execute the Agency for Healthcare Administration Upper Payment Limit Program Agreement (Social Services).
+ 46. Approval to Execute the Master Medicaid Upper Payment Limit Program Agreement (Social Services).
+ 47. Approval to Execute the Upper Payment Limit Program Agreement with Bayfront Medical Center (Social Services).
48. Other Administrative Matters:
+ a. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Expenditure of Funds for a Flag Day Ceremony at Ft. DeSoto Park.
+ b. Authorize Purchase of Vacant Land in the Wall Springs Project Area.
+ c. Galvanized Pipe Replacement Project.
+ d. Neighborhood Sign Program.
+ 49. Authority for County to File a Small Claims Action on Behalf of Sunstar against the Estate of Dorothy A. Farris for Unpaid Ambulance Bills.
+ 50. Approval of Amendment to Special Counsel Contract - Ford & Harrison, LLP.
+ 51. Recommendation of Settlement in Debra White v. Pinellas County Government - Workers' Compensation OJCC#99-0217915SPT.
+ 52. Authority to Settle in the Case of Nicholas Littell v. Pinellas County - Circuit Civil Case No. 01-3605-CI-15.
+ 53. Consideration and Approval of Settlement in the Matter of Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners v. Blake LaRocca - Circuit Civil Cases No. CRC95-13267CFANO-C AND CRC94-04708CFANO-C.
- Commr. Stewart: Job Corp RFP update.
- Commr. Morroni: Compliments Commr. Welch re Lealman and Commr. Latvala re billboard litigation; Penny's Worth Report re inmate health care facility.
- Commr. Seel: Meeting with mayors re American Assembly.
- Commr. Welch: Compliments Board members; welcomes return of Red's Snack Shack Restaurant.
- Commr. Latvala Tampa Bay Water Reservoir update.
- Commr. Harris Water conservation tip re lawn sprinkling.
- Chairman Todd: Compliments Commissioners Latvala and Stewart re Tampa Bay Water; Latvala re billboard litigation; and Welch re Lealman.
F. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
56. a. Status of Tax Deed Land Sales.
G. COUNTY COMMISSION
+ 57. Approval of an Appointment to the Pinellas County Park Board.
None 58. Miscellaneous.
3:36 P.M. ADJOURNMENT