PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to the Flag of the United States of America
+ A. CONSENT AGENDA
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
1. Approval of Minutes - Regular Meeting held on April 16, 2002.
a. Pinellas County Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended September 30, 2001.
b. Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court 2002-2003 Operating Budget Request, and the 2002-2003 Budget for Expenditures Planned from the Modernization Trust Fund.
c. Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court General Fund Revenue Estimates for this Fiscal Year and for the Years Ended September 30, 2003 and 2004.
d. City of Pinellas Park Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended September 30, 2001.
e. Dock Fee Report for the Month of April 2002.
f. Summary Appraisal Report of a Residential Tract Containing Roughly 2.6616 Gross Acres and Roughly 1.75 Upland Acres Located in North Central Pinellas County Just South of the Pinellas-Pasco County Line.
g. Statement of Gross Revenues from within Pinellas County of Time Warner Communications, a Cable System Included in the Time Warner Entertainment-Advance/Newhouse Partnership for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2001, Together with Independent Auditor's Report.
h. Pinellas County Water System Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2001 and 2000, Together with the Independent Auditor's Report.
i. Pinellas County Sewer System Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2001 and 2000, Together with the Independent Auditor's Report.
j. Pinellas County St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport Enterprise Fund Financial Statements for the Years Ended September 30, 2001 and 2000, Together with the Independent Auditor's Report.
3. Other Approvals:
a. General - None.
b. Satisfactions of Judgments and Liens.
c. Vouchers and Bills Paid.
4. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
a. Official Statement of Housing Finance Authority Multifamily Housing Revenue Bonds, Series 2002A (Greenwood Apartments Project).
b. City of Largo Public Hearing Notices of Annexation Hearings Regarding Ordinances Nos. 2002-45, 2002-50 and 2002-51 held May 7, 2002; and Regarding Ordinances Nos. 2002-46 through 2002-48 to be Held May 21, 2002.
c. Correspondence from the City of Pinellas Park Regarding One Ordinance Voluntarily Annexing Certain Property; Public Hearing to be Held May 23, 2002.
d. One Item Related to Dock, Pier and Wharf Construction Licensing and Contract Bonds.
Budget and Finance
5. Budget Amendment: - No. 18.
6. Approval of Option of Renewal for Land Survey Equipment, Accessories and Supplies.
7. Approval of Change Order No. 1 (Final) for the Countywide Parks Roof Replacement.
8. Approval of Change Order No. 2 for Bryan Dairy Road from 72nd Street to U.S. Highway 19.
9. Approval of Award of Bid for Keene Road Construction (Phase 1A) from Gulf to Bay Boulevard to Drew Street.
10. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement for Architectural Services for Community Development Programs.
11. Approval of Release of a Portion of a Perpetual Drainage Easement by Quitclaim Deed for the 118th Avenue North Project located in the Pinellas Groves Subdivision.
12. Approval of Subdivision Plats and Related Items.
13. Approval of Award of Bid for Backflow Prevention Devices.
14. Approval of Change Order No. 1 and Release of Retainage to Westra Construction Corporation for Phase II-B Reclaimed Water Improvements - Old Ridge Road Phase A.
15. Approval of Change Order No. 1 (Final) and Release of Retainage to Rowland, Inc. for Annual Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation.
16. Approval of Sewer, Water and Reclaimed Water Liens.
17. Approval of Options of Renewal :
a. Reseal and Restripe Various County Parking Lots.
b. Automotive Repair Parts/Supplies (Aftermarket).
c. Lawn Equipment Motors and Parts .
d. Deceased Transport Services.
18. Approval to Declare Surplus and Authorize the Donation of Eight Computers to the St. Petersburg Boys and Girls Club.
19. Approval to Grant Permanent Easement in the Sand Key Park to the City of Clearwater for Maintenance of the Sand Key Fire Station.
20. Approval of the Second Amendment to the Agreement Granting Cross Licenses to Use Land with the First Baptist Church of Clearwater, Inc., D/B/A Calvary Baptist Church.
21. Approval of Final Completion and Release of Retainage to Bill Harbert International Construction, Inc. for the Design/Build Agreement for the Northwest Clearwater Parking Garage.
22. Approval to Execute a Grant Agreement with the Pinellas County Environmental Foundation and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation for the Alligator Lake Restoration Project.
23. Approval of a Task Assignment for Grant Funding from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for the Control of Air Potato Vines at Lake Seminole Park.
B. REGULAR AGENDA
None 24. Items for Discussion from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk of Circuit Court).
+ 25. Approval of the Florida Unified Certification Program Agreement for the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program.
+ 26. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing Parking Fees for Aircraft Parked Outside the Terminal Ramp and Leased Areas at the St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport.
+ 27. Approval of Change Order No. 1 for Sanitary Sewer Lines for 118th Avenue North from Belcher Road 3,685 Feet West.
+ 28. Approval of Authorization to Advertise for a Public Meeting on the Belcher Road Project from Alderman Road to Klosterman Road.
+ 29. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Revisions to the Residential Traffic as amended Management (RTM) Program.
+ 30. Approval of Award of Bid for Replacement/Relocation of Pump Station No. 163 at 150th Avenue in Madeira Beach.
+ 31. Approval of Change Order No. 2 and Release of Retainage for General Maintenance Department Facilities Construction.
+ 32. Approval of Change Orders No. 1:
a. Social Services Exterior Weatherproofing.
b. Roof Replacements at the Jail Facility and Release of Retainage.
+ 33. Approval of Amendment No. 6 (Final) to the Engineering Agreement for Professional Consulting Services for the Relocation of the Utilities General Maintenance Facility.
+ 34. Approval of Amendment No. 2 for the Guaranteed Maximum Price for Phase 2 Construction Services and Additional Construction Manager's Fees at the Brooker Creek Preserve Environmental Education Center.
+ 35. Approval to Execute a Grants Program Agreement with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for Kiosk and Interpretive Signage at the Weedon Island Preserve.
+ 36. Approval of Release of Department of Social Services Indigent Assistance Agreements.
+ 37. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Reimbursement of Prior Expenditures for the North East Lake Road and Tree Farm Property with Future Bond Proceeds.
+ 38. Adoption of a Resolution Supplementing the FY02 General Fund Budget as Requested by the Sheriff for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program and Residential Substance Abuse Treatment for State Prisoners.
+ 39. Adoption of a Resolution Ratifying Amendments to an Interlocal Agreement that Created a Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council.
40. Other Administrative Matters.
- Job Corp site proposal
- Channel 8 news report re Oracle Technology; Chairman requests report re IT Board initiatives concerning Oracle
- Pinellas American Assembly Follow up
+ 41. Authority for the County to Defend:
a. Citifinancial Mortgage Company, Inc. v. Charlie L. Cowart - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-3413-CI-13 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving Judgments for Attorney Fees and Costs and Judgments for Fine and Costs.
b. Madderom, et al v. Barbie J. Kane, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-3221-CI-11 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Notice of Lien for Sewer, Water or Reclaimed Water Services and Notice of Lien for Lot Clearing.
c. Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. v. Ericka Jones, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-3203-CI-13 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Community Development Mortgage.
d. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc. v. Latasha Simmons - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-3491-CI-11 - Mortgage Foreclosure Involving a Judgment for Attorney Fees and Costs and a Judgment for Fine and Costs.
e. Alice Johnson, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Todd Johnson, Deceased v. Everett Rice - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-2964-CI-19 - Allegations of Negligence as a Result of a Pedestrian Being Struck by a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Motor Vehicle.
f. Nicholas Maltezos v. Everett S. Rice - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-3242-CI-19 - Allegations of Negligence as a Result of a Collision with a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Motor Vehicle.
g. Douglas B. Mitchell v. Mark Andrew Apostol and Everett S. Rice, as Sheriff of Pinellas County, Florida - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-3004-CI-13 - Allegations of Negligence as a Result of a Pedestrian Being Struck by a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Motor Vehicle Driven by Deputy Mark Apostol.
h. Edith Romonoski, et al v. Pinellas County - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-2426-CI-13 - Allegations of Negligence Resulting in Personal Injuries as a Result of a Trip and Fall Incident.
i. Tierra Verde Community Association, Inc., et al, v. Pinellas County, Florida and International Capital Properties, Inc. - Circuit Civil Case No. 02-3258-CI-88 - Challenge to the Administrative Interpretation of the Zoning Code.
+ 42. Authority for County to File a Small Claims Action on Behalf of Sunstar Against the Estate of Helen P. Bailey for Unpaid Ambulance Bills.
None 43. Miscellaneous.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
+ 44. Approval of a Lease Agreement with the University of South Florida, Florida Engineering Education Departments.
+ 45. Approval of a First Amendment to a Ground Lease Agreement with Renewal Options with HP Star III, Ltd.
C. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
46. Construction Quality Assurance.
D. COUNTY COMMISSION
- Commr. Stewart: Turtle Club update presented by County Administrator; Pinellas American Assembly process.
- Commr. Seel: Noise abatement task force for St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport; County Administrator to compile information for Board's consideration.
- Commr. Welch: Pinellas American Assembly.
- Commr. Latvala: Pinellas American Assembly; Tampa Bay Water agenda.
- Commr. Harris: Offers water conservation tip.
- Chairman Todd: Citizen's Involvement Committee for Belleair Beach Causeway Bridge Replacement; Board approves Chairman's appointment of Commissioners Latvala and Welch as co-alternate representatives for the PPC meeting of 5/22/02 in the absence of Commissioner Harris.
* * * *
At the direction of Chairman Todd, the meeting was recessed at 4:15 P.M. and reconvened at 6:34 P.M.
* * * *
PRESENTATIONS AND AWARDS
E. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Any Person Wishing to Speak at this Time (Excluding Issues on the Agenda or Previously Acted on by the BCC) Must Have a Card Filled Out and Turned in to Staff at the Administrative Table Located at the Front of the Board Room.
(1) The following individuals expressed concerns with regard to tax deed sales of waterfront property, including submerged lands:
(2) The following individuals expressed their concerns with regard to the logging underway at Lake Seminole Park:
- Margaret Minishic, Seminole
- Jack Yost, Seminole, representing Don Perry
- Mona Radler, Seminole
- Gail Conroy, Redington Shores (submitted petition w/626 signatures opposing logging)
(3) Julia Wilkins, Clearwater, re chloramines
(4) Joel Castle, Seminole, re registration decals for manufactured homes
F. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
The Procedure Used by the Board of County Commissioners in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal. The Board Will Then Hear Comments From the Proponents Followed by Comments From the Opponents and a Staff Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity to Close and the Board of County Commissioners Will Decide on the Matter. Please Refer to the Back of Your Agenda Copy for More Details on Guidelines for Time Limitations and Opportunities to Speak.
+ 48. Proposed Amendments to the Pinellas County Land Development Code to Implement the Downtown Historic Palm Harbor Master Plan (Second Hearing).
+ 49. Proposed Amendments to the Future Land Use Map and to the Zoning Atlas for Downtown Palm Harbor (Second Hearing).
+ 50. Proposed Amendments to the Future Land Use and Housing Elements of the
as amended Pinellas County Comprehensive Plan.
+ 51. Proposed Ordinance Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Approve Official Traffic Regulations.
WD 52. Proposed Ordinance Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Approve Projects Related to the Residential Traffic Management Program. (See Companion Agenda Item No. 29).
+ 53. Proposed Ordinance Granting Approval and Execution Authority to the County Administrator of Certain Documents.
TD 6/4/02 54. Approval/Rejection of a Settlement Agreement with Lamar Company LLC Regarding Billboard Removal (Second Hearing).
TD 6/4/02 55. Approval/Rejection of a Settlement Agreement with Viacom Outdoor Regarding Billboard Removal (Second Hearing).
56. Planning and Zoning Applications Heard by the Examiner:
TD 7/23/02 a. Z-2-04-02
Application of ACS Family Limited Partnership, LTD, c/o Todd Pressman, Representative, for a Change of Zoning C-3, Commercial, Wholesale, Warehousing and Industrial Support to C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services on Approximately 4.4 Acres at the Southwest Corner of Klosterman Road and Alternate 19 (Street Address: 4875 Alternate 19, Parcel ID No. 24/27/15/37656/000/0010).
+ b. Z-4-04-02
Application of Leonard and Joanne Greenberg through Donald Saroka, Representative, for a Change of Zoning from C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services to C-3, Commercial, Wholesale, Warehousing and Industrial Support on Approximately 2.78 Acres on the Northeast Corner of Starkey Road and 118th Avenue North (Also Known As Walsingham Road) (Street Address: 11900 Starkey Road, Parcel ID No. 12/30/15/70542/300/0900).
+ c. Z/LU-1-04-02
Application of Minnie Lopez, c/o Rosalee D. Nicholas, Baycrest Plaza, Inc., Ronald R. Conkright, Ilva E. Metcalf, Jr. and Helen K. Metcalf, Crystal Lucas and Gary L. Arnold, II and Shawn L. Arnold through William H. Howell, Clear Ocean Investments Corp., Representative, for a Change of Zoning from C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services & R-4, One, Two or Three Family Residential to C-2, General Retail Commercial and Limited Services and a Change of Land Use from Residential Low to Commercial General on Approximately 1.575 Acres at the Northwest Corner of 54th Avenue North and I-275 (Street Addresses: 2504, 2538, 2530, 2520, 2510 and 2500-55th Avenue North, Parcels Nos. 35/30/16/00000/430/2100 and 2000; 35/30/16/74340/009/0090, 0080, 0021, 0020, 0010, 0070, 0060, 0050, 0040 and 0030).
+ d. Z/LU-3-04-02
Application of Pinellas County Extension through Judy Yates, Pinellas County Extension, Representative, for a Change of Zoning from R-3, Single Family Residential to PSP, Public/Semi-Public and Change of Land Use from Residential Low to Recreation/Open Space (0.833 Acre) on Approximately 35.595 Acres on the West Side of 119th Street North, 1,200 Feet South of Ulmerton Road (Street Address: 12700 119th Street North, Parcel ID No. 09/30/15/00000/240/0600).
+ e. w/stipulation CU-6-04-02
Application of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship, Inc. through David Gibson, Coldwell Banker Real Estate, Representative, for a Conditional Use for an 11-C Club, Alcoholic Beverage License in an RM Zone on Approximately 0.784 Acre on the North Side of 54th Avenue North, 107 Feet East of 70th Way North (Parcel ID No. 31/30/16/69912/426/0403).
10:03 P.M. ADJOURNMENT * * *