None 15. Items for Discussion
from Consent Agenda (County Administrator and Clerk
of Circuit Court).
16. Approval of the Installation of Five Speed Humps
on Emerald Lane between 150th Avenue North and East
Bay Drive, and a Four-Way Stop on Emerald Lane at 4th
17. Approval of the Installation of Four Speed Humps
on Azalea Place, Floral Drive and 36th Street Southeast,
and a Four-Way Stop on 36th Street Southeast at 4th
18. Approval of the Installation of Two Speed Humps
on 95th Street North, Located between 126th Avenue North
and Randolph Street, and a Four-Way Stop Condition on
95th Street North at 126th Avenue North.
19. Approval of Change Order No. 1 (Final) for Fort
DeSoto Boat Launching Facilities Repairs.
20. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with the
City of Oldsmar to Provide Compensation for the Loss
of Recreational Open Space (Canal Park) for the North
County Reclaimed Water System.
21. Approval of Amendment No. 9 to the Construction
Management Agreement with Beers Skanska, Inc. for the
South Cross Bayou Water Reclamation Facility Phase II-B
Improvements, and Partial Release of Retainage.
22. Approval of Amendment No. 4 to the Engineering
Agreement with Jones, Edmunds and Associates, Inc. for
Consulting Services for the Water Quality Study and
23. Approval of the Declarations of Six Properties
in Violation of the Flood Damage
Property #6 Prevention Article of the County Code and
Section 1316 of the National
TD to 6/10/03 Insurance Act of 1968, as Amended (Building).
+ 24. Approval
of the Authorization to Advertise for a Public Hearing
on the Fiscal Year 2003-04 Consortium's Action Plan
for Federal Funding (Community Development).
25. Approval of a Request for an Expanded Scope
of Manufacturing Authority for Cardinal Health 409,
Inc., f/k/a R.P. Scherer, in Foreign Trade Subzone No.
193A (Economic Development).
26. Adoption of a Resolution for the Tampa Bay Estuary
Program Manatee Awareness Coalition to Form a Task Force
and Serve as the Local Rule Review Committee (Environmental
27. Approval of Change Order No. 1 for Modifications
to the Mobile Medical Unit (Fleet Management).
28. Approval of a $4,200,000.00 Grant Application
for Florida Forever Funding with Florida Communities
Trust (General Services).
29. Approval of the Purchase Sale Agreement for
the Wilcox Road Parcel Owned by CSX Transportation,
Inc. in the Dansville Redevelopment Area (General Services).
30. Approval to Declare Parcel No. 35-27-15-00000-420-0300
as Surplus, Establish a Base Bid, Grant Authorization
to Sell and Permission to Advertise (General Services).
31. Approval of the Antenna Siting License Agreement
with VoiceStream Tampa/Orlando, Inc. (General Services).
+ 32. Approval of Requests
by the City of St. Petersburg to Approve Ad Valorem
Property Tax Exemptions for Historic Structures (Planning):
a. The Thomas Whitted House.
b. The Mayor Bradshaw House.
33. Approval of the Revised Board of County Commissioners'
Travel Policy (Purchasing).
34. Approval of the Award of a Proposal for the
Self-Funded Group Dental Direct Reimbursement Program
to the Highest Ranked Proposer, Direct Reimbursement
Benefit Plans (Purchasing/Personnel).
35. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement
with St. Petersburg College for One Stop Operator Services
through June 30, 2003 (WorkNet).
36. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement
with Dynamic Education Systems, Inc. through June 30,
37. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement
with Family Service Centers, Inc. through June 30, 2003
38. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement
with Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, d/b/a Gulf Coast
Community Care, through June 30, 2003 (WorkNet).
39. Other Administrative Matters.
Security Briefing to be held 06/03/03 at 9:00 A.M. in
Commissioners' Conference Room.
40. Approval of the Authority for County Attorney
a. Administrative Hearing
of City of Clearwater, Florida, For Use and Benefit
of Lawrence H. Dimmitt, III, and Lawrence H. Dimmitt,
Jr., as Trustee Under Amended Revocable Living Trust
Agreement Dated December 1, 1998 v. Pinellas County
Board of County Commissioners, as Countywide Planning
Authority - DOAH Case No. (To Be Assigned) - Appeal
of Earlier CPA Decision.
b. City of Largo, FL
v. Jim Smith, Pinellas County Property Appraiser,
Diane Nelson, Pinellas County Tax Collector and Pinellas
County, et al - Circuit Civil Case No. 03-0032-01-CI-15
- Allegations that Property Appraiser Changed His
Policy for Processing Annexations Commencing Within
the 2002 Tax Year.
c. Barbara Dawn Hall
v. Everett Rice, as Sheriff of Pinellas County, Florida,
and Donald Rogers Individually and in His Official
Capacity as Deputy Sheriff of Pinellas County, Florida
- Case No. 8:03-CV-685-T-17MAP - Allegations of False
Arrest and Unreasonable Force.
d. Lisa M. Leccese v.
Sheriff Everett S. Rice, Pinellas County Sheriff -
Circuit Civil Case No. 03-2898-CI-21 - Allegations
of Negligence in the Operation of a Sheriff's Cruiser.
e. Linda Mancini-Taylor
v. Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners,
Office of the Medical Director - Appeal from a Denial
of Paramedic Credentials by the Office of the Medical
f. Motion to Authorize
County Attorney to Investigate Claims and to Defend
Anticipated Litigation in the Matter of Nature's Watch
and Eagle's Reserve Claims.
41. Approval of the Authority for the County to
File a Small Claims Action on Behalf of Sunstar against
the Estate of Arleen F. Stevenson for Unpaid Ambulance
42. Approval of the Special Counsel Contract with
Foley & Lardner - Revised Exhibit "A."
43. Approval of Addendum No. 1 to the Law Enforcement
Services Contract for the City of Seminole.
44. Approval of the Recommendation to Reject the
Settlement Offer of John and Gerald Sachs in the Matter
of John and Gerald Sachs v. Roger B. Broderick, Johnson,
Blakley, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, P.A., et al
- Circuit Civil Case No. 96-6199-CI-11.
45. Approval of the Recommendation of Settlement
in Joseph Laurino v. Pinellas County Government - Workers'
Compensation OJCC No. 91-005153SPT - Date of Accident:
11/20/91 and 8/15/94.
a. U.S. Department of
Labor Audit update.
b. Impending litigation
at solid waste plant.
Any Person Wishing to Speak
about a Public Hearing on This Agenda Must Have a Yellow
Card Filled Out and Given to the Agenda Coordinator
at the Staff Table Located at the Front of the Board
Room. Please Refer to the Back of Your Agenda Copy for
More Details on Guidelines for Time Limitations and
Opportunities to Speak. The Chair Will Call Each Speaker's
Name. The Procedure Used by the Board of County Commissioners
in Conducting Public Hearings is to Have a Staff Presentation
Followed by the Applicant Presenting the Specific Proposal.
The Board Will Then Hear Comments from the Proponents
Followed by Comments From the Opponents and a Staff
Summary. The Applicant Will Then be Given an Opportunity
to Close and the Board of County Commissioners Will
Decide on the Matter.
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY
Consideration of the Following
Proposal as a Regular Amendment to the Adopted Countywide
Future Land Use Plan:
51. Case #CW 03-31 - Dunedin (Continued from May
6, 2003 BCC Meeting). Location - 17.1 Acres Located
on the Southwest Corner of U.S. Highway 19 and Congress
Avenue. Amendment from Residential Low Medium; Preservation;
Resort Facilities Overlay; Undesignated to Residential
Low; Residential Low Medium; Commercial General; Preservation.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
52. Petition to Vacate Submitted by John M. Wolfe,
III, and Brenda West Wolfe, for a 3.5 Foot by 46.5 Foot
Portion of a 10.0 Foot Utility Easement on Lot 81, Orangepointe
Unit II, Located in the Southwest 1/4 of Section 31,
Township 27 South, Range 16 East.
Planning and Zoning Application
Heard by the Examiner:
53. Z/LU-1-4-03 (Continued from May 6, 2003 BCC
Meeting). Application of
as amended Skylark R.O. Association, Inc., through Ed
Armstrong, c/o Johnson, Blakely, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel
and Burns, Representative, for a Zoning Change from
R-6, Mobile Home Parks and Subdivisions to C-2, General
Retail Commercial and Limited Services District, a Land
Use Change from Residential Urban and Transportation/Utility
to Commercial General and Transportation/Utility and
a Developer's Agreement on Approximately 13.04 Acres
on the Northeast Corner of State Road 580 and Summerdale
Drive (Street Address: 2526 State Road 580 East) (Parcel
ID No. 30-28-16-82694-000-0002).
54. Adoption of an Ordinance for Mangrove Trimming
and Preservation (Continued from December 3, 2002 BCC